Dietary requests?

cruisingfor5

This will be my first time cruising on NCL and all other cruise lines so far I have seen a place on my reservations for dietary request but I do not see it on their website? Do I need to just call or email them? I have always heard it is better to do this before boarding. I don’t cruise until September but would like to find out what I need to do with NCL. Thanks

27 minutes ago, cruisingfor5 said:

This will be my first time cruising on NCL and all other cruise lines so far I have seen a place on my reservations for dietary request but I do not see it on their website? Do I need to just call or email them? I have always heard it is better to do this before boarding. I don’t cruise until September but would like to find out what I need to do with NCL. Thanks

ncladmin@ncl.com or 1.866.584.9756 or 

https://www.ncl.com/case-submission/ad-cust-cases-us

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisingfor5 said:

Contact the access desk by phone. 

https://www.ncl.com/about/accessible-cruising

• Like 1

I have gluten, dairy and nut restrictions.  Contact the access department about 30 days before you cruise.  They will email a form for you to fill out and return. Do nit try to do this on your own.  Alerting the ship ahead of time allows for them to load special diet items onboard.  It also makes it easier for the staff to accommodate your needs.  

I suggest you have your first onboard lunch in the MDR so you can speak with the maitre d. 

On my previous two cruises they were amazing!  At dinner each night, you will pre-order your next days meals. I would avoid the buffet if possible due to cross contamination but I have read that they will make whatever you want to order. May I ask what restrictions you have? 

I would be happy to answer any questions.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, janice2348 said:

I have gluten, dairy and nut restrictions.  Contact the access department about 30 days before you cruise.  They will email a form for you to fill out and return. Do nit try to do this on your own.  Alerting the ship ahead of time allows for them to load special diet items onboard.  It also makes it easier for the staff to accommodate your needs.  

I suggest you have your first onboard lunch in the MDR so you can speak with the maitre d. 

On my previous two cruises they were amazing!  At dinner each night, you will pre-order your next days meals. I would avoid the buffet if possible due to cross contamination but I have read that they will make whatever you want to order. May I ask what restrictions you have? 

Thanks. I will make sure to do this. I cannot eat meat, fish/seafood, eggs, dairy, gluten or quinoa. I am hoping there are some buffet options for breakfast for before getting off the ship for the day but will definitely be in the dining room every evening. Not sure about lunch since we will probably be off the ship. We do stop at Great Stirrup Cay. 

1 minute ago, cruisingfor5 said:

Thanks. I will make sure to do this. I cannot eat meat, fish/seafood, eggs, dairy, gluten or quinoa. I am hoping there are some buffet options for breakfast for before getting off the ship for the day but will definitely be in the dining room every evening. Not sure about lunch since we will probably be off the ship. We do stop at Great Stirrup Cay. 

If you go to the buffet, make sure you ask to speak to a chef.  MDR is usually open for breakfast. 

If going ashore for lunch, you can usually bring prepackaged, wrapped snacks such as crackers and bars  ( some ports don’t allow it). Check with restaurants in  port in advance. My advice is eat lunch on the ship if possible.  Foreign ports often don’t understand food allergies. Gluten free is getting more mainstream but not other food allergies.  You don’t want to spend your cruise being sick. 

GSC has lunch options but might not be able to accommodate you.  You can also eat in specialty restaurants if you order in advance. We ate in Teppanyaki, Moderno, Cagneys and Le Bistro and La Cucina.  

I hope this helps!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, janice2348 said:

Just to add to Janice's post...

I emailed the Access department about a week ago to get the form for my shellfish allergy 😞  and DH's distilled water for his CPAP. They responded within 24 hours and told me the form is no longer required; that the information in my email correspondence would suffice and that they had noted the information in their system and that dining and medical staff would be advised.

Anyone else have this experience?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, alreadypacked said:

I emailed the Access department about a week ago to get the form for my shellfish allergy 😞  and DH's distilled water for his CPAP. They responded within 24 hours and told me the form is no longer required; that the information in my email correspondence would suffice and that they had noted the information in their system and that dining and medical staff would be advised.

I would keep a copy of the emails and take them with you. 

1 hour ago, alreadypacked said:

Yes, our last couple of cruises didn’t require the form. As for the breakfast buffet, you can order breakfast the night before and have it delivered right to your table in the buffet, just call before you leave the cabin.

17 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

Yes, our last couple of cruises didn’t require the form. As for the breakfast buffet, you can order breakfast the night before and have it delivered right to your table in the buffet, just call before you leave the cabin.

That’s good to know!

23 hours ago, janice2348 said:

My husband is highly allergic to nuts and we do exactly that Janice2348 does. He picks his meals the night before. They take excellent care of my husband. 

• Like 1

On 4/6/2019 at 5:45 PM, alreadypacked said:

I've never had a problem with my shellfish allergy or my wife's low sodium diet.  The Concierge and Maitre D always set up our meal orders a day in advance.  Nice part is you know the MDR specials for the next day.

On 4/11/2019 at 11:11 AM, Cmdr Cody said:

I've never had a problem with my shellfish allergy or my wife's low sodium diet.  The Concierge and Maitre D always set up our meal orders a day in advance.  Nice part is you know the MDR specials for the next day.

On 4/11/2019 at 11:11 AM, Cmdr Cody said:

Yes. I always peek at the menu