Deluxe Beverage Package Confusion

I would like to purchase 1 Deluxe Beverage Package with Vroom and 1 Deluxe Beverage Package . Why does RCL require you to purchase 2 Deluxe Beverage Packages with Vroom?? This makes no sense at all.  So frustrating. Had I known this I would not have cancelled my current beverage packages (without Vroom). Now I'm forced to buy 2 packages with Vroom or just buy Vroom individually and pay almost $5/day more for Vroom vs the Price included with Beverage package

Edited by lcpagejr

Just call them. 

1-800-398-9819

They will let you book one deluxe package with Voom and one deluxe package without. Online bookings are not set up for all the little nuances of what people want to do.  :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coralc said:

Just call them. 

1-800-398-9819

They will let you book one deluxe package with Voom and one deluxe package without. Online bookings are not set up for all the little nuances of what people want to do.  :classic_biggrin:

CoralC... Thank you.  I was hoping I could do online...but to save a few bucks I'll put up with phone call game!!  LOL

4 hours ago, lcpagejr said:

I would like to purchase 1 Deluxe Beverage Package with Vroom and 1 Deluxe Beverage Package . Why does RCL require you to purchase 2 Deluxe Beverage Packages with Vroom?? This makes no sense at all.  So frustrating. Had I known this I would not have cancelled my current beverage packages (without Vroom). Now I'm forced to buy 2 packages with Vroom or just buy Vroom individually and pay almost $5/day more for Vroom vs the Price included with Beverage package

Are you sure you can’t do this online? I did - I just added one with Voom to my basket and one without 🙂

Maybe you can order both pairs and then modify each to delete one passenger.

I love all the cancel/rebooking entries on my charge acct. Over 3 pgs on my last bill as we switched pkgs, dining, and excursions on 3 cruises!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, shopaholic6 said:

Are you sure you can’t do this online? I did - I just added one with Voom to my basket and one without 🙂

Nope... It automatically puts a package of the same type under my and my wifes name once I choose a deluxe beverage package . Can't modify it.

4 hours ago, lcpagejr said:

Nope... It automatically puts a package of the same type under my and my wifes name once I choose a deluxe beverage package . Can't modify it.

That seems a bit silly that you can’t do one of each - after all you are still having two alcohol packages! 😊

7 hours ago, lcpagejr said:

You can modify it....there is a page BEFORE your choices where you click on which passengers you are buying for. It automatically clicks both of you, but you can unclick it before continuing to your cart so it's only for one passenger.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, KRAZYKRITTER2000 said:

Good luck on your refund if you cancel and rebook at a lower cost.  I am still waiting on a refund from February 22nd.  I have been on the phone with them multiple times and still nothing.  

I'm not worried...I received confirmation of the credit request almost immediately from RCL so I have proof/backup...Many others have done the cancel/rebooking with no problems....Sorry to hear of your delay in your refund.

13 hours ago, SakeDad said:

You can modify it....there is a page BEFORE your choices where you click on which passengers you are buying for. It automatically clicks both of you, but you can unclick it before continuing to your cart so it's only for one passenger.

I did not find it...I was unable to remove my wife (system locked in  both of us)because we are both under same reservation # and both adults must purchase beverage package...  No biggie...I called RCL and the agent confirmed the system does that but she happily booked 1 package with Vroom and the other without it.  I was pleasantly surprised how I got right thru to an agent and everything was done in less than 5 min. 

Edited by lcpagejr
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, lcpagejr said:

I'm not worried...I received confirmation of the credit request almost immediately from RCL so I have proof/backup...Many others have done the cancel/rebooking with no problems....Sorry to hear of your delay in your refund.

I also got an immediate confirmation of the cancellation.  Royal doesn't deny that the money is owed but it's been since February 22nd and every time I call they say another 7-10 business days. 

3 hours ago, KRAZYKRITTER2000 said:

I also got an immediate confirmation of the cancellation.  Royal doesn't deny that the money is owed but it's been since February 22nd and every time I call they say another 7-10 business days. 

Just remember that you have a time limit (I think 60 days from the bill) to contest the charge with your credit card company.