Spent the day at pigeon island - beautiful!

jean87510

We have been to st. Lucia via cruise ship a few times and stayed there. We have never made it to pigeon island. We arranged an excursion with serenity vacation tours for a beach day there. We had our ship dock at 1215pm with a departure of 730pm so the "normal" excursions were out unless you wanted to get a group together or take a ship excursion. We opted to try this.

Our rep hans picked us up around 1245 and took us to pigeon. He set us up with the chairs. Part of our $45 a person was for the $10 entrance fee. He provided beers, water, tamarind juice, and rum punch. We only paid for the $3 umbrella and drinks from the boat selling them.

We decided to hike both signal point and I think fort rodney? Both involved a bit of climbing. It took us about an hour to do both. A good workout.

We then stayed on the beach until 5pm. Hans drove us back. Very nice young man and honestly a nice way to spend the day. We apologized to him for being so low maintenance. 

The beach was calm and not good for snorkeling. We tried and saw not much.

We didn't eat here as we had reservations.at a specialty restaurant.

• 3 months later...
On 4/14/2019 at 12:59 PM, jean87510 said:

Our rep hans picked us up around 1245 and took us to pigeon. He set us up with the chairs. Part of our $45 a person was for the $10 entrance fee. He provided beers, water, tamarind juice, and rum punch. We only paid for the $3 umbrella and drinks from the boat selling them.

Thanks for the review. We went to Pigeon Island years ago and enjoyed it but we just went on our own and I can't remember anything about cab prices, entrance fees, etc. so this is very helpful as I'm researching ideas for a friend going in October.

Were the drinks that Serenity provided available while you were sitting on the beach? Like in a cooler or something? Or only when you were in the car?

It was both. Hans was really nice. I always wanted to go to pigeon and I'm glad I did. We will be back in st. Lucia in January but are trying some hiking this time. Not the pitons but the tet Paul trail.

• 5 months later...
On 4/14/2019 at 6:59 PM, jean87510 said:

We have been to st. Lucia via cruise ship a few times and stayed there. We have never made it to pigeon island. We arranged an excursion with serenity vacation tours for a beach day there. We had our ship dock at 1215pm with a departure of 730pm so the "normal" excursions were out unless you wanted to get a group together or take a ship excursion. We opted to try this.

We decided to hike both signal point and I think fort rodney? Both involved a bit of climbing. It took us about an hour to do both. A good workout.

We then stayed on the beach until 5pm. Hans drove us back. Very nice young man and honestly a nice way to spend the day. We apologized to him for being so low maintenance. 

The beach was calm and not good for snorkeling. We tried and saw not much.

We didn't eat here as we had reservations.at a specialty restaurant.

We are on the same cruise in January 2020 and very much looking forward to the itinerary.  We have been to St Lucia before and took a catamaran tour to the pitons / Margot bay.  We are considering a trip to Pigeon Island this time and the tour with Serenity sounds ideal. Can I please ask how you booked this and would you recommend using using them? Thank you.

15 minutes ago, Cindy1972 said:

We are on the same cruise in January 2020 and very much looking forward to the itinerary.  We have been to St Lucia before and took a catamaran tour to the pitons / Margot bay.  We are considering a trip to Pigeon Island this time and the tour with Serenity sounds ideal. Can I please ask how you booked this and would you recommend using using them? Thank you.

Go to their website (serenity tours avl) and choose day shore excursion. You may have to really navigate their website but that's the name.  They have a few excursions. 

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

Go to their website (serenity tours avl) and choose day shore excursion. You may have to really navigate their website but that's the name.  They have a few excursions. 

Thank you for your help.  I managed to find the tour on the website and have emailed Serenity with a few questions.

Glad to hear it! We are hiking as far as we can up the "easier" Piton in January (actually on my 30th anniversary 🙂) with a different tour company. I would have loved to use serenity again but they were hesitant to do so via land. (My tour drops you off via boat and you go up and down in 4 hours with your guide who knows when to head back). We will be back next November and may use serenity for the ti kaye resort spa pass. 

34 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Glad to hear it! We are hiking as far as we can up the "easier" Piton in January (actually on my 30th anniversary 🙂) with a different tour company. I would have loved to use serenity again but they were hesitant to do so via land. (My tour drops you off via boat and you go up and down in 4 hours with your guide who knows when to head back). We will be back next November and may use serenity for the ti kaye resort spa pass. 

You don't need to use a tour company to get a day pass to Ti Kaye . You can book directly with the resort and they'll help arrange transport etc.  

Serenity is a great company though.  

I know. It isnt definite yet. Im waiting to hear from resort if i can do a spa day pass (for me) and a regular day pass for husband. I just really like serenity and if its only $20 more, i have no issue with giving them business. 

On 12/27/2019 at 3:35 PM, jean87510 said:

We hiked up the Piton a couple of years ago with Spenser Ambrose tours. It is a difficult hike, but we made it to the top! Be sure to bring a small snack (packaged granola bar, trail mix, etc from home) and water with you. It was really hot and humid the day we hiked it, and it took us the entire time. We are glad that we did it, but are opting for an easier day this time there.

I agree, you definitely need to walk with water and some energy bars. Especially if you are starting from the very base of the pitons, it adds an additional 30 minutes to the hike. Have fun and good luck, the hike is strenuous but the view is well worth it.