Gratuities division between passengers in same cabin

MandiesMom

Hi, I keep thinking of things and searching for them and I hope this isn't something that I'm missing in my search. But I know you seasoned cruisers can help..

I am cruising with my best friend and we are sharing a cabin. We both have our accounts linked to our own payment methods for on board purchases. I was going to go online and do pre-paid gratuities for myself, but the system automatically charges for both passengers that way.

So, my question is: at the end of the cruise, if you didn't do pre-paid gratuities, will each of us get the charges separately or will it all be added to my bill since I am the one that made the reservation (and since pre-paying is doing it that way)?

We are trying to figure out if she just needs to give me her portion for them.

As always, thanks in advance! 🙂

If you set up your onboard accounts individually, with a cc or cash, the gratuities will be posted separately to each account. If you share one onboard account, if will still shows two postings. It’s easy to understand the account. 😀

1 hour ago, 2Shoes2Go said:

If you set up your onboard accounts individually, with a cc or cash, the gratuities will be posted separately to each account. If you share one onboard account, if will still shows two postings. It’s easy to understand the account. 😀

Awesome. Thank you so much 🙂

• Like 1

The accounts will be charged separately if you set up two different accounts.  However, if you want to prepay the gratuities, you have to pay for both at the same time.  You can't prepay for one person and not the other.

• Thanks 1

As stated by several that replied, you and your friend (I had book for both my friend and I as well) will get a separate account at the end of the cruise, but you can ask for it earlier, if you want to know what you owe at that time.

If you want to do any extra tipping like myself, I go to the Pursers/Guest desk and get envelopes, and give a little cash to those (like room steward) who I believe deserve a little more.