Internet question for breakaway

cruisinmeme

We have had internet on the smaller NCL ships. The plans say xxx mins. Or xx gb. Once i was about half way through my allowed mins. And popped up i was out of internet. Ask the internet guy and he said “oh you still have minutes remaining, the gb thing applies to the larger ships”. So my question is does the Breakaway fall into the category of using mins. Or gb?  I do know the gb seems to go fast.

thought maybe some recent cruisers could shed some light so i would know what is in store.

BA was the only ship that metered & track usage by the MB instead of minutes - 250 minutes is credited as 1 GB, and depending on usage (minimize uploads & downloads, avoid streaming even if it is not blocked) - we got a lot of minutes of airtime than 250 as a "free" package.  

Just rememeber to log off/out completely as the "meter" will otherwise continue to run, careful of any background upload/cloud access as those are known to run silently & not disconnecting.  

Screenshot_20171103-160807.png

Screenshot_20171029-230456.png

Edited by mking8288

I have been confused on how the internet packages work - is this for browsing/streaming, and/or does it include texting? Where do you access the above tracker? Will you be notified when you've used it all up?

You can only access the digitalseas.io URL link when connected to ship's Intranet, each time you login or logout with a browser, the meter will pop up with the usage. It's up to you to take responsibility to track your usage & remaining unused MB or minutes. See images below, get the newest ones onboard the ship's iCafe.

To attempt to stream, you will need to be on the premium unlimited WiFi plan that also support VPN, $35 a day x 6 or 7 days.

Texting is possible over WiFi depending on what you use, not over "standard" SMS - rather, on WhatsApp, FB Messenger, G.Voice/Hangouts or Skype, etc. but transmissions are subject to outbound & inbound delays - and whether the other parties is on the ship or off/over land & how their device(s) are configured, etc. 

73fe09c0f006b6f3abac0707f034a36a.jpg776bf7990a4062ddaf2f911153979ed1.jpg136d90f3b9bd31bce22a93afdd4862ce.jpgff742c9b241f8a8d1df5ac24e436e52c.jpg

AndroidOne Orie on Moto x4 with Tapatalk over Google Fi

Edited by mking8288