Early dining

I just booked a thanksgiving cruise and the only option I had for dining is late.  Is that something I can just call and change?  My 7 year old will not make it with late dining.  They don’t have that kids option where they pick them up an hour into dinner at the late sitting either.   At this point I am thinking I should cancel the cruise over this.

6 hours ago, Lindanuf said:

I just booked a thanksgiving cruise and the only option I had for dining is late.  Is that something I can just call and change?  My 7 year old will not make it with late dining.  They don’t have that kids option where they pick them up an hour into dinner at the late sitting either.   At this point I am thinking I should cancel the cruise over this.

If you cannot get your dining changed before the cruise, then go to the dining room as soon as you board and request the change there.  Make sure you tell them you will not be using the dining room unless you can get changed.  If they cannot give you early dinner, try getting My Time and just show up when you want to eat.

We booked our upcoming cruise on the Allure last August While we were sailing the Explorer in Alaska.

At that time it would only list MTD.

Around December our TA was able to get the early dinner time.

On our final documents that I picked up Monday, it list MTD.

Now I have a statement that list early dinner from December.

This is the same thing that happened to us the last time we sailed the Allure.........in a suite.

When we approached the stand at the Main dining room upon boarding on our last Allure cruise  and asked the Maitre D. why we were  changed from early dinner to MTD he goes......."Your in a suite and you guys always eat in CK".  I go, sir, we asked for early dinner because we usually only eat in CK once or twice.

Now It gets touchy.

He goes to  me and my DH that there are no tables available at this seating.

My DH goes, well sir, your just going to have to find one, and make it by a window.

My DH continues to say.......

Besides you do not discriminate those cruisers who purchase the 3 day specialty dining package, and let them keep their tables,  why did you select us?

All of a sudden he gets quiet.

And goes "I will see what I can do".

We leave.

When the cabins opened there was a message on the phone that we indeed had our early dinner.

That cruise we only ate in CK once. 

Yes I know we can use CK, and maybe it is what suite guest do, but I can only speak for us.......

If this is the going trend, then I guess we will be eating in CK more and be forced into MTD.

Safe travels.