Upgraded Bathroom Amentities on Serenade of the Seas

Recently, I sailed on the Serenade of the Seas and was told I could not get the upgraded bathroom amenities.  A friend I was sailing with who is Pinnacle was also told she couldn't as well.  We both are well over 340 points. We had to speak to two different managers before we were given the amenities.  We have never had this issue before. WE were both sailing in balcony cabins.   It still shows on the RC website that we are entitled to these benefits.  Is this occurring on other ships?  

4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Yes, same thing happened to us on Adventure this past February.

Oh great.  I am on the Adventure again next week but in a Junior Suite.  I am bringing the sheet just in case I have to waste hours fighting for the benefits that are in writing on their website.  

1 minute ago, Colorado Babe said:

Oh great.  I am on the Adventure again next week but in a Junior Suite.  I am bringing the sheet just in case I have to waste hours fighting for the benefits that are in writing on their website.  

We were in a JS too, and also had more than 340 points, and got the generic white tubes of amenities.  Asked for the upgraded amenities and the stateroom attendant called his supervisor and told us it was no longer allowed.

Just now, Host Clarea said:

We were in a JS too, and also had more than 340 points, and got the generic white tubes of amenities.  Asked for the upgraded amenities and the stateroom attendant called his supervisor and told us it was no longer allowed.

Can they do that?  Did you talk to Sanjay?  

6 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I would not want to bother the HD for something so minor.

Sanjay was up in the SL often when I was on the Adventure in February.  He was very approachable and always asking my friends and cousin if everything was going well.  If I had been in a JS and was denied the amenities I would have felt comfortable discussing it with him.  If the Hotel Director is not informed of these types of issues then the issue can not be resolved/ fixed.    

Edited by Colorado Babe

According to HD on both Serenade and on Adventure, the white tubes are considered the upgraded toiletries for JS or thos C&A with more than 340 LPs.  Others get the bar soap and shower canister filled with all-purpose shampoo/body wash. Only full suites get Christopher & Banks or L'Occitane. The directive was sent out about a year and a half ago. 

I first experienced this in Feb. 2018 on Serenade and questioned it in a letter to Miami. I was told basically if I receive anything other than the white tubes when i am not staying in a full suite, then my stateroom attendant is not doing his/her job correctly. Apparently, though the directive was sent fleetwide, there are some HDs and room attendants that choose to ignore it.

10 minutes ago, MaritimeR&R said:

According to HD on both Serenade and on Adventure, the white tubes are considered the upgraded toiletries for JS or thos C&A with more than 340 LPs.  Others get the bar soap and shower canister filled with all-purpose shampoo/body wash. Only full suites get Christopher & Banks or L'Occitane. The directive was sent out about a year and a half ago. 

I first experienced this in Feb. 2018 on Serenade and questioned it in a letter to Miami. I was told basically if I receive anything other than the white tubes when i am not staying in a full suite, then my stateroom attendant is not doing his/her job correctly. Apparently, though the directive was sent fleetwide, there are some HDs and room attendants that choose to ignore it.

WE were only asking for the white tubes.  I did not bring lotion or body gel and coming from Colorado my skin was very dry.  I don't think that was asking for anything above and beyond. We finally got the upgraded amenities but spent so much time talking to management to get what we are entitled too.     

5 hours ago, MaritimeR&R said:

This is correct. Over 340 points you get the white tubes (made in China). I really wouldn't put them on my skin.

Bring your own.

Edited by rt1092

5 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

On the Allure, when asked at our pinnacle lunch about this, the Hotel Director said the white tubes ARE the upgraded amenity.  That’s okay, I dislike the fragrance of the green bottles.   I do miss the soaps though.   

29 minutes ago, CruiseKeeper said:

On the Allure, when asked at our pinnacle lunch about this, the Hotel Director said the white tubes ARE the upgraded amenity.  That’s okay, I dislike the fragrance of the green bottles.   I do miss the soaps though.   

Thats funny.  Sounds like when they said VOOM (O3b) would be on every ship, and then they redefined VOOM to be whatever the ship had.