New to Norwegian, Questions on drink package

closecruiser

Have never cruised with Norwegian but am considering a 3 or 4 night just to get away.  On the drink package that is included at times is there a limit of drinks per day that you can order?

Has anyone recently cruised on the Sun, (think thats it) out of Port Canaveral?  Would love some feedback on that.

Thanks,

No limit on drinks. 2 at a time. As much as you want. 

On the 3 day cruises, it is just an open bar on the ship. Call drinks. You have to pay for top shelf booze. The short cruises are fun. We like them a lot. Just enough of a getaway. 

Edited by BirdTravels

12 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

No limit on drinks. 2 at a time. As much as you want. 

On the 3 day cruises, it is just an open bar on the ship. Call drinks. You have to pay for top shelf booze. The short cruises are fun. We like them a lot. Just enough of a getaway. 

Thank you for the info.  Just might have to book something quick.

4 minutes ago, mrobstad said:

On my 7 day cruise, I was charged $20/day gratuity for drink package.  Not sure it was worth it. 

OP in on the sun which (I believe) is open bar... the $20/day gratuity is worth it if you drink - I do, so saves me money versus paying for each drink... all depends on the individual

Free at Sea Terms and Conditions on the NCL website state the following re gratuities:

"20% gratuities on the retail value of the Premium Beverage Package ($19.80 USD per person per day) and/or Soda Package ($1.59 USD per person per day) are included." 

1 hour ago, ChuckstarUK said:

Free at Sea Terms and Conditions on the NCL website state the following re gratuities:

"20% gratuities on the retail value of the Premium Beverage Package ($19.80 USD per person per day) and/or Soda Package ($1.59 USD per person per day) are included." 

I'm guessing that's the UK T&C's, US T&C's don't include gratuities.

• Like 1