That time when I'm on an open bar cruise and can't drink

kjb0629

Booked May 10 on the Sun for a quick getaway and surprise - found out I was pregnant with my 2nd the week after booking!

I'm usually a drinker but obviously will be foregoing alcohol this time around.  Anyone here like to order fun, nonalcoholic drinks that can give me some tips on what to ask for?  I will be drinking a lot of water but want to feel a little tropical too!

Will be 8 weeks pregnant when we sail, so I just look a little chubby - hopefully you fellow cruisers won't judge the amount of meat I plan on eating at Moderno for the alcohol calories I won't be consuming! :-P

• Like 2

Congratulations! I would get any of the fruity drinks just minus the alcohol (virgin daiquiris, pina coladas, margarita, etc.) A girl on my last cruise had some sort of non alcoholic banana chocolate thing. It looked and tasted amazing!

3 hours ago, kjb0629 said:

Booked May 10 on the Sun for a quick getaway and surprise - found out I was pregnant with my 2nd the week after booking!

I'm usually a drinker but obviously will be foregoing alcohol this time around.  Anyone here like to order fun, nonalcoholic drinks that can give me some tips on what to ask for?  I will be drinking a lot of water but want to feel a little tropical too!

Will be 8 weeks pregnant when we sail, so I just look a little chubby - hopefully you fellow cruisers won't judge the amount of meat I plan on eating at Moderno for the alcohol calories I won't be consuming! 😛

Congratulations on the news. I created this beverage list for a Meet & Greet. There are 4 pages of non-alcoholic beverages at the end. Maybe there may be some there that interest you. 

NCL_Beverage_List.pdf

• Like 4

Currently on my cruise and I’ve been ordering my drinks non-alcoholic.  What has been really fun is to ask the bartender to surprise me with something non-alcoholic. 

Any of the frozen drinks can be made non-alcoholic: e.g., mudslide, bushwhacker, bbc, mango meltdown, Miami vice.  

Soda water with lemon/orange/lime is a nice non-caffeinated option, and they also have Sierra Mist, diet Sierra Mist, orange soda, ginger ale.  

My favorite so far is a non-alcoholic Bahama Mama, which some servers referred to as a non-alcoholic fruit punch.  Tastes like orange juice and pineapples. 

Thank you all so much for the suggestions!  Say a prayer I can keep morning sickness at bay - my OB told me he's had two patients who went on cruises sick as a dog and actually came back better, so crossing my fingers that this is my experience also!

• Like 4

20 hours ago, kjb0629 said:

Will be 8 weeks pregnant when we sail, so I just look a little chubby - hopefully you fellow cruisers won't judge the amount of meat I plan on eating at Moderno for the alcohol calories I won't be consuming! 😛

I'm on the same cruise.  I will pick up the drinking slack for you.  

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, JimR24 said:

I'm on the same cruise.  I will pick up the drinking slack for you.  

Thanks Jim, it's a tough job but someone has to do it I suppose! lol