extra passenger on solo booking

emmaasher

I have two cruises booked as a solo and someone has expressed interest in joining me.

Is it possible to add an additional passenger to an existing booking? If so would the price for each of us be half of what i am currently due to pay or would both our prices be the current price.

It doesn't matter much with the second booking but the first would be a matter of thousands as i booked the cruise very early and it is almost sold out.

Thanks for any advice.

You may be able to add someone, but it is not definite. Once a cruise is almost full, you may not be able to - depending on how many passengers are assigned to your muster station. Princess has a maximum number of people it can handle in each muster station. If they have reached the maximum number for your muster station (possibly with some cabins with three or four people), then you many not be able to add an additional passenger. The same problem can occur when trying to add a third or fourth passenger to a current booking, even if your cabin has enough bunks.

Edited by NavyVeteran

Typically a solo pays double since cabins are sold based on double occupancy.  So only additional costs are gratuities and taxes/port fees.  If the ship or a particular muster station is full you won't be able to add a person even if there is space in the cabin. Not likely, but possible.  The earlier you book the less likely this would happen.

10 minutes ago, Crystal04 said:

I always book solo and pay in full. Sometimes I add a second person later on and have never had any issues. I just had to pay port fees and taxes.  

Same here - I've done it a few times and never had a problem. You just have to try it and see if Princess will accept it.