Paying for reservation (promo specialty rest,)

Hi there folks,

I'm cruising with a total of 8 folks this summer. We all have 2 free Specialty Restaurants as part of a promo. When I go to make reservations online it's making me pay for the specialty reservations. What is the work around for this? 

Thanks in advance!

Hallux is correct if this is the case, otherwise you can call NCL and make the reservations over the phone.

Also I think that you can only reserve for you and not the others - they will need to make their own reservations using their My NCL account. This is probably a good reason to call and do this over the phone - the agents at the call center can do way more than you can over the internet.

3 hours ago, SeaportMike said:

Hi there folks,

I'm cruising with a total of 8 folks this summer. We all have 2 free Specialty Restaurants as part of a promo. When I go to make reservations online it's making me pay for the specialty reservations. What is the work around for this? 

Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, bonvoyagie said:

Hallux is correct if this is the case, otherwise you can call NCL and make the reservations over the phone.

Also I think that you can only reserve for you and not the others - they will need to make their own reservations using their My NCL account. This is probably a good reason to call and do this over the phone - the agents at the call center can do way more than you can over the internet.

If you are planning to dine as a group when you contact NCL explain that - Have the details about the other guests

who are part of your party to book this completely. If booking an upcharge restaurant make sure the other guests in

your party know about the upcharge and come to agreement about how it is to be paid or reimbursed.

That darn online computer thing is not the least bit user friendly in this respect - call and talk to an agent.

5 hours ago, SeaportMike said:

Hi there folks,

Thanks in advance!

How are you getting these two restaurant credits? Is it a 2 meal SDP, or is it some other deal, and are you getting it from a travel agent or NCL? Does it show up on your reservation?

Also, which restaurants are you trying to book? As stated above, if you are trying to book Ocean Blue then there is a charge for that with the SDP.

Phoning may help, or may not, depending on the situation. Often the phone staff aren’t willing or able to help with booking using different plans (ie the platinum meals). I rarely (if ever) hear of them making reservations but not taking the upfront payment if it is due.

If you do have the SDP and it is showing on your account (and you haven’t already booked any restaurants) then you should be able to book Moderno and Teppenyaki for no charge for all 8 people.

Edited by KeithJenner

3 hours ago, bonvoyagie said:

If someone has the SDP they can book for multiple people at no charge. No need for others to make their own reservations or to phone NCL.

5 hours ago, hallux said:

Is Ocean Blue one of the reservations?  If so, there's a cover charge, even if you have the package.  The only workaround is to book a different venue.

There is actually a workaround for people in this situation.

Basically, book another a la carte restaurant for a night when you have no plans, so your SDP credits are used up, and then book Ocean Blue. As the system thinks you have used all your credits it will assume you are paying a la carte and not charge you.

Then, when you board cancel the a la carte place. You will then get charged the upcharge at Ocean Blue when you dine.

i don’t think I would bother with this, as you need to pay it sometime, but it could be useful if people have OBC to use up.