MTD availability in cruise planner

So, I am able to reserve MTD times for my August 2020 Freedom cruise, but not my February 2020 Oasis cruise. Is this just due to the unpredictability of when things become available in the cruise planner?

21 minutes ago, DrDani226 said:

So, I am able to reserve MTD times for my August 2020 Freedom cruise, but not my February 2020 Oasis cruise. Is this just due to the unpredictability of when things become available in the cruise planner?

Correct, there's been no discernable pattern to when the various items become available in the Cruise Planner.

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Correct, there's been no discernable pattern to when the various items become available in the Cruise Planner.

That's what I figured - thanks. I also wasn't sure if it had something to do with Oasis' amplification in the fall. But then again, they have all the specialty restaurants open (even though some probably will not be there by next year), as well as the dining packages. Makes no sense...

April 2020 Harmony is open now.   Our Anthem cruise was about 6 months out.  Check roll call for your cruise to see if others have seen it open.

Also, make sure you actually have MTD assigned.  We had a couple of cruises where the Cruise Planner said open seating but it was actually first seating fixed.  Don't think you can check on this without calling.

16 hours ago, LeeW said:

Also, make sure you actually have MTD assigned.  We had a couple of cruises where the Cruise Planner said open seating but it was actually first seating fixed.  Don't think you can check on this without calling.

It should be on the booking receipt. If you don't have one, call and request one.

55 minutes ago, dakram said:

Do you have to make reservations for mtd? 

But if there are particular nights you want to eat at a certain time, you can do so. Like to ensure being able to attend shows, eat with another couple, arrange a group at a larger table, etc.

They might have 2 lines, one for people who chose times ahead, and one for walkups. Various posters on the board have said different things about which line takes longer.

Edited by mayleeman