Transferring a direct booking to a travel agent

SempreMare

57 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Yes, thank you for posting it. I’m going to start the process for my Spring cruise. 

For those who use the Big Box, did you begin by faxing the form to HAL or by notifying the Big Box? 

Always contact the TA first to see what they will offer.

4 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Yes, thank you for posting it. I’m going to start the process for my Spring cruise. 

For those who use the Big Box, did you begin by faxing the form to HAL or by notifying the Big Box? 

You can get an idea of the Big Box offers by doing a dummy booking on their travel website which lists the benefits you receive by booking with them. I email the form to HAL and at the same time call the Big Box store and tell them I am transferring the booking. Not sure you need to call them as they'll have all your contact information when the reservation transfers.

Edited by oceanmom

5 minutes ago, oceanmom said:

You can get an idea of the Big Box offers by doing a dummy booking on their travel website which lists the benefits you receive by booking with them. I email the form to HAL and at the same time call the Big Box store and tell them I am transferring the booking. Not sure you need to call them as they'll have all your contact information when the reservation transfers.

That's what we do.  A dummy booking to check pricing and amount of OBC.  Then we fill out the form, and fax it over to HAL.  I know when the transfer has been completed by checking my bookings on the HAL website.  When the payment section says Contact Your Travel Agent instead of the dollar amount of the cruise fare, deposit amount and final payment info, I know the transfer is complete.  Then I call the Big Box travel department to have them retrieve the booking.  They usually put you on hold while they complete that task.  If I have any extra benefits I want to note, I tell them before they put me on hold.  Like prepaid gratuities, Beverage packages, etc.  That way they know what to look for during the process.  Everything you had included with your booking before you transfer comes with the Big Box booking.

Friday I chatted with the BigBox and found out they are no longer able to tell you in advance how much OBC you will get. There are too many variables. Minimum is $25. The price I paid is now way less than Big Box is showing for a cabin a letter or 2 below mine, so we’ll see.

You complete and email/fax the form to HAL and are supposed to get an email when it is approved. At that point you CALL the BigBox and they complete their piece.

• 2 years later...