Question about ship time vrs local time vrs website.

thenexus2k

So I have been on a couple of cruises out of Florida, and I think I have a handle on ship time, but correct me if I am wrong. My understanding is that the ship time is used for everything while on the ship and that the ship time is based off of the time zone of the port that you left from originally.

My question comes in when planning out my upcoming vacation. I am actually leaving from Long Beach and heading to Hawaii. In planning out excursions (my wife wants to try a night time luau which I do not see as an offering), I see that we are in Maui from 10am until 11pm. So here's my question which I am looking for confirmation on: Is the times listed on the website Hawaiian local time, Ship time (meaning PST), or my current time (EST, though I find this hard to believe since that would mean we in port from 4AM to 5PM hawaiian local time, however the carnival website does have it's quirks sometimes....). 

Any experiences with this? Thank you in advance!

Edited by thenexus2k
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, thenexus2k said:

So I have been on a couple of cruises out of Florida, and I think I have a handle on ship time, but correct me if I am wrong. My understanding is that the ship time is used for everything while on the ship and that the ship time is based off of the time zone of the port that you left from originally.

My question comes in when planning out my upcoming vacation. I am actually leaving from Long Beach and heading to Hawaii. In planning out excursions (my wife wants to try a night time luau which I do not see as an offering), I see that we are in Maui from 10am until 11pm. So here's my question which I am looking for confirmation on: Is the times listed on the website Hawaiian local time, Ship time (meaning PST), or my current time (EST, though I find this hard to believe since that would mean we in port from 4AM to 5PM hawaiian local time, however the carnival website does have it's quirks sometimes....). 

Any experiences with this? Thank you in advance!

The rule is "ALWAYS FOLLOW SHIP TIME UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED". Not sure if that directly answers your question.

I was on a Carnival cruise from Vancouver to Hawaii about a year and a half ago.  We changed time zones three times on the way there and ship time was Hawaii time for all the ports we were there.  I'm pretty sure your cruise will do the same.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I was on a Carnival cruise from Vancouver to Hawaii about a year and a half ago.  We changed time zones three times on the way there and ship time was Hawaii time for all the ports we were there.  I'm pretty sure your cruise will do the same.

And when we sailed to Hawaii in December we were also on Hawaii time during the time we were there.