Edge Bed location

VitaminSea53

I am getting conflicting information from Celebrity about bed location.  I called twice and got different answers. Does anyone know how to read the floor plan map on Celebrity for the Edge?  What exactly does the ‘bump out’ on the floor plan indicate?  Thanks. 

Look at the deck plans for selecting a. A in when booking.  These are a bit easier to read than th e deck plans on the main site.  Easiest way, look for a cabin with a black square, those have the bed by the bath.  The cabins rotate bed by bath next bed by balcony.  So you can count from there.  

When the indented space goes into the cabin is where the vanity is.  If the indentation is near the window the bed is by the bath.  I find it difficult to tell sometimes so when I can find a cabin with the square it is easier for me.  

13 minutes ago, VitaminSea53 said:

Hmmmm.... the Edge Cabin spreadsheet here on Cruise Critic lists 10228 as bed by bath and the indentation is near the bathroom.  Now I am more confused.  (And I can’t find any with a black square nearby)

I have been keeping track of cabins in the deck plans that haven't matched guest reports of whether bed was by bath or balcony using the Edge cabin sticky. So far, I have found 7 cabins (out of 73) that don't match the deck plans, as far as bed by the bath or balcony (including 10228). They are:

image.png.184551ec9c4e976ba7498e012573a5e7.png

Edited by vtcruising

1 hour ago, VitaminSea53 said:

Hmmmm.... the Edge Cabin spreadsheet here on Cruise Critic lists 10228 as bed by bath and the indentation is near the bathroom.  Now I am more confused.  (And I can’t find any with a black square nearby)

If you are looking at Aqua class there aren't the black Squares as AQ is limited to 2 persons, so no convertible sofa. 

We were on Deck 10 in 10237  which has the bed by the bath.  If you look at that cabin on the booking Deck plan you can see the bump in is near the window - that is where the vanity/storage is and the bed is by the bath.  Then look at 10239 and the bump in is more in mid cabin so the bed is by the balcony (widest part of the cabin. 

If you look at the Deck 9 plan you can see the difference. 

I called Celebrity about 10222 and they said “by the balcony” (this is what I want- so I booked it) BUT then I saw a YouTube of that exact cabin 10222 and the video shows the bed by the bath.  I have called Celebrity back several times and the answers are split between bath or balcony.  What am I to do??  This is crazy. 

4 minutes ago, VitaminSea53 said:

I called Celebrity about 10222 and they said “by the balcony” (this is what I want- so I booked it) BUT then I saw a YouTube of that exact cabin 10222 and the video shows the bed by the bath.  I have called Celebrity back several times and the answers are split between bath or balcony.  What am I to do??  This is crazy. 

On the cabin sticky 10185 is by the balcony (reported by guest) so likely 10189 is as well. Are either of those available?

I have now seen photographs of 10222 and 10228 and they both have the bed by the bath so it seems that the indentation into the cabin space in the outline of the cabin refers to where the bed is. (This map is on the floor plan when booking a cabin). So it appears that the guest report is correct.