salon braiding

jamdoll417

Hello! We will be crushing on the dream next month and my 7 year old would love to get her hair braided. We have done this in cozumel before but thought it would be fun to do in the salon. Does anyone know pricing for this and if they offer many styles? Thanks so much! 

2 minutes ago, coevan said:

get it done on the islands, in the Caribbean very cheap per braid from the girls on the beach, more fun too

Not to mention the same filthy comb being used in hundreds of other peoples hair every day!

3 minutes ago, coevan said:

get it done on the islands, in the Caribbean very cheap per braid from the girls on the beach, more fun too

Seems like I’ve read about issues with combs not being clean...bugs getting in people’s hair.

Here's the deal with the salon doing the braiding, it is based on resort pricing and the styles offered will be more along the anglo-saxon styles of single french braid, a double french braid, or a Heidi cornet (swedish crown) braiding, than the corn row type done on the islands. A single french braid on an adult in the salon for long hair is $75 plus and automatic 18% tip (I've heard on short hair the same service is $55 + tip) and I don't think the have childrens pricing.

The next problem it is doubtful the salon would even accept an appointment for a child except on days when the ZSpa is being offered. ZSpa is normally for tweens and teens (I believe 12-17) but I believe the salon section has age exceptions when no cutting or chemicals (beyond mousse and hairspray) are involved.

A better bet would be to have this service done by the hairdresser you normally use for the child or yourself prior to leaving for the cruise.