Dinner Reservations party of 3

Ivy drive

we are traveling in June and have 3 nights for specialty dining in our package.   Each time I attempt to make reservations it only accepts party of 1,4 or 8.   Should I book party of 4 (maybe it’s a table size for  4)?   I’m afraid I’ll get charged the 4th person. 

Thank you

first Norwegian June 2019 

4 minutes ago, Ivy drive said:

we are traveling in June and have 3 nights for specialty dining in our package.   Each time I attempt to make reservations it only accepts party of 1,4 or 8.   Should I book party of 4 (maybe it’s a table size for  4)?   I’m afraid I’ll get charged the 4th person. 

Thank you

first Norwegian June 2019 

I had the same issue for August.  Only two of us have the SDP.  There are three of us in the cabin.  I booked 4 people for the restaurants that didn’t allow 3.  I wasn’t charged when I booked.

We travel as a three and it happens very often.

I always just book for 4 and then change the reservation onboard when we board. Many people say that there is no need to actually change it, but we do so anyway. It only takes a few minutes.

The only issue is if you want to book somewhere with a fixed cover charge and don't have the SDP, as they charge you when booking. If that is the case then it is probably better to wait until you board.

3 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

They will charge you, and reimburse you (family of 7 here).

Only if you don’t have the SDP and you are booking a fixed price restaurant, or if you do have the SDP and are booking Ocean Blue/Bayamo (although there is a way round that).

Just now, KeithJenner said:

Only if you don’t have the SDP and you are booking a fixed price restaurant, or if you do have the SDP and are booking Ocean Blue/Bayamo (although there is a way round that).

Oops you are right, I missed that they have the SPD, OP just book for 4, you won’t be charged.

6 minutes ago, cruisewithbaby said:

Can you do this for shows to or does each cabin have to book separate for shows? 

Show reservations are allocated to specific people (your keycard acts as a ticket), so you can only reserve for people who are sharing a room with you.

However, other than each cabin having to actually make the reservations, it doesn't matter because the shows are open seating, so you can still all sit together anyway.