Juneau late arrival. What to do?

Keys2Heaven

Thinking of an Alaskan Carnival cruise for mid-May next year. However, port time for Juneau is 2pm - 11pm. Can anyone familiar with this port give me guidance on what excursions are doable within this time frame? Thanks in advance!

You can do plenty of things in that time frame - whale watching, Mendenhall glacier, Mt. Robert’s Tram, salmon bake. gold panning, etc. The tour companies and businesses all accommodate the hours ships are in port. Even the stores in town stay open late as long as there is a ship in port. Remember, even in May it will be light later into the evening in Alaska. Later in the summer it stays light until very late in the evening. There is lots you can do and see in those hours!

• Like 1

People complain about this time in Juneau all the time. I would figure out what you are going to do and make sure it is offered before you book. Many people want to do 2 things and they can't as they are not both offered during that time slot.

Juneau is my favorite port and I had a similar time slot on my first cruise and hated it. Never booked a cruise with that time in Juneau again.

3 hours ago, Coral said:

People complain about this time in Juneau all the time. I would figure out what you are going to do and make sure it is offered before you book. Many people want to do 2 things and they can't as they are not both offered during that time slot.

Juneau is my favorite port and I had a similar time slot on my first cruise and hated it. Never booked a cruise with that time in Juneau again.

You're right, this is the port we would like to do 2 things in. Most vendors don't have their calendar our that far. I'll write them and ask about availability for that time slot.

9 hours ago, Keys2Heaven said:

You're right, this is the port we would like to do 2 things in. Most vendors don't have their calendar our that far. I'll write them and ask about availability for that time slot.

You can try to figure it out for this year based on what the companies are doing.

• Like 1

Look for combo tours for value and to maximize your port time in not retracing back to the dock.  Look for "Best of …. " tours for a foundation.

Edited by xlxo