A Bit Peeved with Holland America.....

Roz

On 5/28/2019 at 6:38 PM, Taters said:

What is the Mariner Society phone number?  They did not give me my Suite bonus credits for my 16 night transatlantic on Zuiderdam in April/May.  I emailed them 3 weeks ago and haven't heard back from them.

Thanks!

1-800-547-9139

image.png.2e8ebd65c6ef191a55ed13083743e846.png

On 6/20/2019 at 12:21 PM, Roz said:

Hallelujah and pass the collection plate!  😊  My phone call yesterday must have done something, because this morning my account is showing 188 days (up from 184 yesterday), so I'm only 12 away from being a 4 star Mariner.

Roz

Hoorah!    Yea, Roz..    I'm happy that is getting resolved.  🙂

image.png.a6a7c890cd871784e19f7dcedb77898c.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

• 3 weeks later...

Follow up......on Monday, July 8 I received the following email:

Dear Roz,

Thank you for your recent correspondence with Holland America Line. We apologize that an unexpected increase in email inquiries resulted in a delayed response time.

Our system put all of your onboard spending on your first booking, XXXXXX. You received 2 bonus days on your Mariner profile, XXXXXXXXX.

Thank you for contacting Holland America Line. Please feel free to contact us if we may be of additional assistance or visit us online.  We look forward to welcoming you onboard in the near future!

Kind Regards,

Arjean

Mariner Society

Holland America Line

800-547-9139

206-626-7359

Monday-Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm PST

Savor the Journey

On one hand, at least they took the time to respond.  On the other hand, the reason they give is bogus.  It doesn't matter if they put my onboard spending on the first cruise or the second cruises or both cruises, it was the same amount.  

Roz

Edited by Roz

1 hour ago, sail7seas said:

I've not written Mariners Society for  a long time but  would try:  MarinersSociety@hollandamerica.com

image.png.21ed807eb55b6dee6d941abd8894cc84.png

sail,noordam@gmail.com

Sails is correct!!

I to have communicated this way and have gotten a fast response.

Denise😊

Thanks for the email address.

I was going to write them to complain about the lack of a cooking class for 5 star Mariners on my recent Maasdam sailing. I was told on board that they don't do that on the EXC ship, and no alternative was available.

However, I see it is gone from the list of 5 star benefits for all sailings now. It used to be great, with the meal you prepared served in the Pinnacle with wine, then ATK came in. The class went up a notch, except you got a plastic bowl of the food with water or coffee. Then they became repetitive. On the larger ships they began to use the excuse that there were too many 5 star Mariners aboard, so it became a demo. In February on the Eurodam, it was literally watching the chef spread chocolate icing on a flat cake. We all got a piece but with nothing to drink.

I guess they need to save money to send to Oprah.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/mariner-society.html

sINCE THE inaugural, has Anyone here heard a single mention from or about Oprah  in conndction to HAL and the ships? I have not   heard a  'peep'.

I seriously doubt any  of us will be seeing her on any HAL ships in the  nearor  distant    future.   .  🙂  LOL

image.png.89baaef2b429decbd0fb206d95e75a7f.png

There are programs almost daily from the O Magazine, which is hers. Also the infamous Oprah's Reading Room where guests are given books recommended by Oprah. They have meetings where they discuss the books.

Last year on the Konigsdam there was a large presence in the shops, but most of the stuff was on the bargain tables by the end of the cruise.

• 3 months later...

Roz,

After all this time I just found my  way back to this thread.  By Now, I sure hope they have corrected your Mariner  record and gave you  the credits for on board spending.  

If so, how long did it take?

image.png.a19d81b6c47003b05bafd79c65e5b991.png

Edited by sail7seas