Roll Call Tools - Up and Running..maybe?

I started a new roll call on 5/22 and it doesn't show when I enter the ship/date as of today (5/29)  It is in the Holland America Roll Call thread....but doesn't show in the Roll Call Finder.

Per the Announcement titled Roll Call Tool Update - Up and Running! at https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2662115-roll-call-tool-update-up-and-running/, perhaps your parentheses symbols are the culprit. I suggest you do as Jenn says and tag her or send her  an e-mail.

... Here are some tips to making sure your newly created roll call thread is properly listed in the roll call tool:

• You should format the date in your Title by US standards.  So January 2, 2019 for example  or August 01, 2019  You can use extra words in your title but I would steer clear of extra numbers and symbols aside from the date as shown above.
    • Any extra numbers or commas WILL confuse the tool. Same with extra commas, or the number of days you are sailing - all add to the confusion.
    • However, The roll call tool will throw those roll calls that it cannot determine a date for in a queue for me to look over.  I do that once a day M-F, so those roll calls not dated perfectly can still make it to the tool they may just take 48 hours instead of 24.
    • if it takes more than 48 hours for your roll call to show in the tool please tag me in a post or send an email to help@cruisecritic.com for me to take a look.  It could have been misfiled under the wrong date. The good news is that I can fix dates...

45 minutes ago, ghstudio said:

I sent a note to help@cruisecritic......it didn't help.

How do I tag someone???

Just type the @ symbol immediately followed by her user name in a NEW post on this thread... @CC Help Jenn.  A little box will appear & you click her user name. Then ask her to take a look.

Edited by TxCityKat
to add the word NEW & other info

OK...I can do that....but obviously not in the original thread, because after 20 minutes you can't change anything....so here goes:

@cc help jenn     Would you look at this thread and, assuming it's possible, add the roll call I started for the Veendam October 12, 2019 cruise to the roll call finder.  If needed, you have my permission to change the title to whatever works.

@CC Help Jenn

Edited by ghstudio

3 minutes ago, TxCityKat said:

@ghstudio Please note her correct user name is spelled as @CC Help Jenn

When you spell it right it will turn blue. Before that,  you see all CC users whose IDs begin with the characters you enter. The more you enter, the shorter the list will become.

Having worked with computers for 40 years, I find it really disappointing that someone today would code anything on the web (other than passwords) that was case sensitive..

Since I missed the "must be a new post"   here goes another try.....

@CC Help Jenn  Would you look at this thread and, assuming it's possible, add the roll call I started for the Veendam October 12, 2019 cruise to the roll call finder.  If needed, you have my permission to change the title to whatever works.

4 hours ago, ghstudio said:

Having worked with computers for 40 years, I find it really disappointing that someone today would code anything on the web (other than passwords) that was case sensitive..

Sadly, the coder was almost certainly working in a case sensitive language. It takes additional effort to be case insensitive. That said, the user tag feature is case insensitive. Typing @cc will produce the same list as @CC. Having to pick an entry on the list is the way one indicates a tag is desired rather than the literal text typed.