Carnival Magic Self Assist

Can't give much info on PC and MCO, but we had self assist in March in MIA. It was a frustrating debarkation. They stopped calling floors at 9:00, and it was nearly an hour before it got going again. We didn't get thru customs and outside the terminal until 11:15. We did make 2pm flight at MIA even though there were long security lines

12 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

The Magic is currently sailing out of Port Everglades.  When is it doing a sailing out of Port Canaveral?

Oops, wrong cruise!  Sorry about that and now it's too late to edit.  I am sailing on the Magic in June out of Port Everglades, but the Breeze in September out of Port Canaveral.  Rats, now I can't edit my post.  I hope it doesn't confuse everyone who reads it.  Thanks for the clarification.  Please disregard my post.

Maybe a moderator can delete my post please.

Edited by TNcruising02

Just now, TNcruising02 said:

Oops, wrong cruise!  Sorry about that and now it's too late to edit.  I am sailing on the Magic in June out of Port Everglades, but the Breeze in September out of Port Canaveral.  Rats, now I can't edit my post.  I hope it doesn't confuse everyone who reads it.  Thanks for the clarification.  Please disregard my post.

I understand.  We just came off the Breeze in April.  The debarkation (platinum) there was great.  We were off the ship and on our Cortrans shuttle by 7:50 a.m.   Got to MCO, through security, and sitting at our Southwest gate at 9:35 a.m.  We sail on the Magic in September and was curious as well about the debarkation times in Port Everglades.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lee Cruiser said:

I understand.  We just came off the Breeze in April.  The debarkation (platinum) there was great.  We were off the ship and on our Cortrans shuttle by 7:50 a.m.   Got to MCO, through security, and sitting at our Southwest gate at 9:35 a.m.  We sail on the Magic in September and was curious as well about the debarkation times in Port Everglades.

Oh wow, that was fast!  I hope you had a great cruise.  I am really looking forward to both of my cruises and I guess I got confused. haha.  I guess that's the only downside of having two booked at once.  I sail on the Magic in a little over three weeks and was lucky enough to snag FTTF, so I will be able to get off of the ship early.  My FLL flight isn't until 1:55 though.

I was concerned about my Breeze cruise though and really wish I booked a later flight, but it sounds like I should be fine with 12:55.  Thanks for your comments!

Edited by TNcruising02

We just came off the Magic 5/19 Port Everglades.

We had an 11:30 am Flight from FLL.

Car was to pick us up at 8:30.

We went down at 6:55 to Deck 3 with our luggage. ( 7 of us)

We were off the ship and thru Customs outside by 7:20ish. Called the driver and was at the airport by 8:15ish.

• Like 2

We just got off the Magic on May 25th using self assist, FTTF and GOES cards.  We met at the theatre by 6:30 per our debarkation letter, utilized All Stars shuttle service for transportation to FLL (purchased pre-cruise) and were at our gate at 6:58 waiting for our 9:50 flight home. 😎

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Amanda B70 said:

We just got off the Magic on May 25th using self assist, FTTF and GOES cards.  We met at the theatre by 6:30 per our debarkation letter, utilized All Stars shuttle service for transportation to FLL (purchased pre-cruise) and were at our gate at 6:58 waiting for our 9:50 flight home. 😎

That's impressive!  When you booked the shuttle, did you have to give them a certain time?  Did you need to call the driver after you got through customs or just walk to the shuttle area?

I don’t believe I gave them a time, I just let them know we had an early flight when I purchased. They gave us stickers to put on our shirts to make us easily identifiable (everyone we walked by recognized the stickers and told us which direction to head in) and we walked to the shuttle area. Peggy immediately took us to the airport when I told her we had an early flight. I did have her phone number in hand in case there was not a shuttle there. Please note, I would not normally book such an early flight but is was the only direct flight available and it got moved up 20-30 minutes by the airline. 

• Like 1

Sailing on Magic out of Port Everglades in August. We also do self-assist. My problem is they ask you to be off the ship so early! I’d like to have time to grab breakfast first. What are the breakfast options?

Additionally, Anyone know what time they have been letting FTTF on the ship?