Local food

Kelli0927

We really like to eat local, very casual non chain food when we travel, so I have been researching places in our ports of call. I found a place called deck hand Dave's in Juneau that looks like something we would love.  Any suggestions of places like this in skagway, ketchikan, or ISP? My brain hurts from all the research for this trip. 27 days to go!

Try Alavas in Ketchikan for fish and chips. It's located sort of just outside/under the tunnel to the left of town . Burger Queen almost across the street is a great place for a burger and very popular with the crews

We ate at Burger Queen in Ketchikan after hiking Deer Mountain...there can be a long wait, but the burgers and shakes were great.

In Juneau we ate dinner at Tracy's King Crab Shack...conveniently located and great food...I loved the crab bisque over rice.

In Skagway we ate at Skagway Brewing Co and it was fine...I dont know that Id make a point to go back but the service was great and my husband enjoyed his beer flight (had to try the spruce tip beer).

Another place we enjoy in Ketchikan is Cape Fox Lodge for breakfast. We get off the ship first thing, take the funicular up to the top and enjoy a hearty breakfast of sourdough pancakes and reindeer sausage while enjoying the beautiful view through their windows. We then walk it off hiking down Married Man's trail and onto Creek Street. It's a great way to start the day there!

On 6/1/2019 at 4:42 AM, SuperCrewBear said:

I will second Burger Queen in Ketchikan. Excellent burgers. In Skagway we enjoyed a late Thai lunch at Starfire. Starfire is off of the main shopping street (Broadway) behind the hardware store.

Another vote for Burger Queen in Ketchikan. Burgers are amazing but the wait is long. Two weeks ago it was an hour wait and last week it was 30 minutes. You can go into the Arctic Bar across the street and have some drinks and then call up Burger Queen and they'll run the order over to you. Best way to do it.

IMG_5012.JPGIMG_5010.JPG

Another vote for Starfire in Skagway, too. You'll find a lot of crew eating in there as well.

Starfire food:

blogger-image--504181427.jpgblogger-image-1261905027.jpgblogger-image--71768029.jpg

If you are into brews, the Skagway Brewing Company has flights and is now right next door to Starfire. (The old Skagway Brewing Company building is now a Mexican restaurant owned by the same company.)

View from the Skagway Brewing Company patio:

IMG_4938.JPGIMG_4943.JPG

I have this year's menus for Burger Queen and Skagway Brewing Company bar menu if anyone needs them.

Edited by idahospud
  • Like 1