Personal Clam shell on NCL private island.

Does anyone have info/personal experience with bringing your own clam shell on the private island. When we do actually get off the ship on PI days we rent them, but Im seriously considering buying one. Example: 

https://www.tommybahama.com/en/Tommy-Bahama-Sun-Shelter/p/TH33015-261

So, are they cool with it? It folds up into a small(ish) round and I can carry in a beach tote. I just dont want to get it and be told i cant open it when Im there. Am I over thinking this....(prob)?

Edited by Veggie Burger in Paradise

You could bring it. Practice collapsing it after it has been opened (not as easy as it looks). 

But why? You end up with a sandy shelter cover with suntan lotion that you need to carry back home. It is infinitely easier to rent a clamshell that comes with loungers (vs climbing in and sitting on the ground). 

We brought one. No problem with on and off ship. HOWEVER, the sand near the beach was not very deep. They have just brought in sand and put it over rock. We could not secure the shelter very deep. With the breeze it was nerve wracking that it would take flight and hit someone. Might or might not bring again. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You can get those shelters a LOT cheaper!  I bought one several years ago for a vacation on Assateague Island.   It did the job BUT the flies loved it as well, they got out of the wind and became very annoying.  I think its a big hassle to bring on a cruise.