Icy strait point tour help.please

cruisingnewtoit

I'm thinking about doing one of these tours? Feedback please. Thank you! Were (DH & I) are going Mid June

Kayak tour through Celebrity. I've read some negative reviews about the tour. 

Glacier wind travels- whale watch. I've never gone on a small.boat tour so that holds a lot of appeal. 

Bear search tour- any recommendations for small tour operators? 

6 minutes ago, masterdrago said:

Captain Shawn has a sixth sense on getting close to the whales. We just got off their tour on May 28th. Both Shawn and Teresa know how to run a tour and treat guest the best.

whale-watch-with-shawn.jpg

Love Glacier Wind.  Appears you had a good time.

We'll jump on the Glacier Wind bandwagon!  Our whale watching trip with them last July would be hard to beat.  A large group of humpbacks were bubble-net feeding near the cruise ship dock all day!  Shawn and Theresa are real pros and genuinely nice folks.  

• Like 2

I have done whale watching, so was looking for something that was more wildlife viewing. If we get off the ship, will we find someone who will take us to Hoonah to view wildlife? I don't want to walk as far as it is from Icy Straight Point to Hoonah, so was hoping to get a driver to take us around.

Just now, Robinsilver said:

I have done whale watching, so was looking for something that was more wildlife viewing. If we get off the ship, will we find someone who will take us to Hoonah to view wildlife? I don't want to walk as far as it is from Icy Straight Point to Hoonah, so was hoping to get a driver to take us around.

Yes my DH & I would love to see wild life. Hoonah as a high concentration of bears.  We are leaning towards this but don't know who to book with.

If we have time we would take the glacier wind excursion. 

I hate  to add to your choices but we went  on a bear hunt while in Icy Strait. There were six adults.. we had a ball. We did not       see  a bear but the guide tried so hard to find bears. We trailed by a creek and saw salmon( half eaten) fur on trees and  some tracks. We knew they had been there. So I think you will have a great adventure with any of your choices.  

• Thanks 1

On 6/3/2019 at 9:22 PM, verobay said:

Highly recommend whale watching from a small boat. We went with Hoonah Travel Adventures and had a great time.

Do you recall how many people were on your boat, or whether they have a max capacity? I checked their website but didn't find anything. Thanks!

1 minute ago, Alsmez said:

Do you recall how many people were on your boat, or whether they have a max capacity? I checked their website but didn't find anything. Thanks!

Seemed like probably 15-20 people? That was about the max, I think every seat was full.

42 minutes ago, Alsmez said:

If you do the glacier wind tour there are 6 to a boat. I 

Ve never been on the tour but checked them out as an option. I liked them because it was a 6 pax boat.

18 minutes ago, cruisingnewtoit said:

If you do the glacier wind tour there are 6 to a boat. I 

Ve never been on the tour but checked them out as an option. I liked them because it was a 6 pax boat.

Yes, we are leaning toward one of the 6 passenger boats, but we'll be a group of four and since the slightly larger boats are a bit less expensive, we may elect to do one of the 20-25 pax charters and save some cash. We shall see!