Coral aft pool access - sanctuary only or everyone?

WeLove2Sail

Hello, we are looking at the 18 day Brazillian Adventure cruise March 2020 on the Coral Princess (just refurbished January 2019) with 11 sea days.  We will be travelling with my son (he will be 2.5 years old) and my mother-in-law.  I am considering the aft Aloha connected balcony cabins but had a question about the aft pools.  I can't tell from the deck plan if we'd have access to that pool deck space from the hallway or if it is blocked off and only stair accessible from the sanctuary on the deck above, it doesn't look like there is a door at the end of the hallway.  Are we allowed to use that pool, or would we have to buy Sanctuary passes to get in?  There's also a splash pool on the deck plan from the youth center side - would we be able to access that even though my son isn't old enough for the kids program?  Thanks!

This pool is not strictly for the Sanctuary though there is no where to 'land' (meaning no chairs or the like) other than Sanctuary.  I'd also note that this pool may be a poor choice for small kids (and frankly for anyone who isn't comfortable in deep water).  It's deep, 5 or 6 (maybe 7?) feet deep, there is no "shallow end" although there are stairs to get in / out.  Being so far aft the water tends to have quite a bit of motion so you'll likely be sloshed from one end to the other which I find sort of fun.  My wife however won't go near the pool - she can't touch the bottom and is very uncomfortable being tossed around inside what she calls "the washing machine".

I'm in no way trying to dissuade you from using the space - only trying to inform your decision as to cabin choice.  Rest assured there ARE doors at the end of Aloha deck, they are NOT locked, and no one will be checking you for Sanctuary passes before you reach the pool.  Enjoy Coral, she is many folks favorite ship and I'm certain you'll have a lovely cruise.

19 hours ago, WeLove2Sail said:

Hello, we are looking at the 18 day Brazillian Adventure cruise March 2020 on the Coral Princess (just refurbished January 2019) with 11 sea days.  We will be travelling with my son (he will be 2.5 years old) and my mother-in-law.  I am considering the aft Aloha connected balcony cabins but had a question about the aft pools.  I can't tell from the deck plan if we'd have access to that pool deck space from the hallway or if it is blocked off and only stair accessible from the sanctuary on the deck above, it doesn't look like there is a door at the end of the hallway.  Are we allowed to use that pool, or would we have to buy Sanctuary passes to get in?  There's also a splash pool on the deck plan from the youth center side - would we be able to access that even though my son isn't old enough for the kids program?  Thanks!

As stated Sanctuary use only.

Only 18 or above allowed in the Sanctuary.

AFAIK......children need to be fully potty trained to use any pool on Princess.

similar pool on the Grand, use deep but if hot and enjoy treading water, enjoyable experience, when I am on the Coral on Panama Canal plan to check it out, don't plan to buy sanctuary, just use the pool. 

3 hours ago, pris993 said:

similar pool on the Grand, use deep but if hot and enjoy treading water, enjoyable experience, when I am on the Coral on Panama Canal plan to check it out, don't plan to buy sanctuary, just use the pool. 

Ok thanks.  When is your Coral Panama cruise?  We did the panama in 2013 on the Island Princess and loved it!  This will be our first time on the Coral though.  Enjoy!

3 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

As stated Sanctuary use only.

Only 18 or above allowed in the Sanctuary.

AFAIK......children need to be fully potty trained to use any pool on Princess.

Ok thanks for the information.  I am aware of the potty training requirement but as he's partially potty trained already I don't think that will be a problem in 9 months.

6 hours ago, jondfk said:

This pool is not strictly for the Sanctuary though there is no where to 'land' (meaning no chairs or the like) other than Sanctuary.  I'd also note that this pool may be a poor choice for small kids (and frankly for anyone who isn't comfortable in deep water).  It's deep, 5 or 6 (maybe 7?) feet deep, there is no "shallow end" although there are stairs to get in / out.  Being so far aft the water tends to have quite a bit of motion so you'll likely be sloshed from one end to the other which I find sort of fun.  My wife however won't go near the pool - she can't touch the bottom and is very uncomfortable being tossed around inside what she calls "the washing machine".

I'm in no way trying to dissuade you from using the space - only trying to inform your decision as to cabin choice.  Rest assured there ARE doors at the end of Aloha deck, they are NOT locked, and no one will be checking you for Sanctuary passes before you reach the pool.  Enjoy Coral, she is many folks favorite ship and I'm certain you'll have a lovely cruise.

Thanks.  Good to know about there not being any chairs except for sanctuary but still being allowed access to the pool.  We just booked today and have the third and fourth rooms from the back on the port side so we can go land on our balcony deck chairs with just a few wet footprints in the hall and through our room.  The depth of the pool is definitely good to know ahead of time though.  My son likes to swim but also likes to hold onto and crawl up on mommy and daddy... if we can't touch the bottom and keep our heads above water that might be a problem.  We'll scope it out on the ship though and see if having him sit on the stairs is n option or if we're better to make the trek across the ship to another shallower pool.  If nothing else my husband and I can enjoy a nice washing machine dip after my son goes to bed and we leave the baby monitor with grandma. 😉

The splash pool is open for anyone. The Lotus Pool is an indoor pool and I believe it is slightly shallower then the aft pool. The Lotus pool is surrounded by lounge chairs as well as tables and chairs. This could be a good choice as the sun is very strong in the tropics and crossing the equator.

Believe you can accompany your son in the youth center.

Note: Children younger than 3 can explore our centers with an adult.

18 hours ago, WeLove2Sail said:

Ok thanks.  When is your Coral Panama cruise?  We did the panama in 2013 on the Island Princess and loved it!  This will be our first time on the Coral though.  Enjoy!

Going on the Coral NOV 2, Ft lauderdale to San Francisco.