toiletries to purchase on Epic?

ammorgan86

Hi all, I’m going on my first cruise in October on the Epic. I searched the forum for more information about toiletries available onboard and most of the answers were about amenities in cabins, so I know to expect some basic shower amenities. (I’m in a solo cabin.) 

Obviously I’m planning to pack toiletries for my cruise, but I’ll also be on vacation prior to the cruise, so on the off chance I run out of something basic like toothpaste and I don’t grab any at a store while at a port, is that available to be purchased in a shop on the ship? 

Probably an obvious question but I really don’t know what to count on. 🙂 Thank you!

Yes, the prices they charge for toiletries, aspirin, etc. make 7-11 look cheap...lol

Hint: outside of the medical facility there is usually a self-serve machine that dispenses dramamine, aspirin & Tylenol.  It's only 50 cents a package so it's great for a headache or  motion sickness in rough weather.

3 hours ago, kochleffel said:

Really try to buy before boarding if you need anything, because the onboard selection is small and the prices are high.

Yes, exactly.  I'd do everything I could to avoid buying $15 sunscreen or $6 toothpaste.  Not sure where you're embarking, but if it's in the US, there is surely a Walgreen's or CVS near where you will be.  A five minute visit there could save you some bucks later.