Pricing question - Uk site vs US site prices

mickeysgal

We have a cruise booked and we are past final payment.  We booked on the U.S. site directly with Celebrity. There is a cabin category I'd like to upgrade to and the prices haven't moved here on the U.S. Celebrity site, however this particular category is now significantly less on the UK site due to a sale.  Is there a way to capture this pricing?  The cabin category we want is out of reach here for us money wise but totally doable if we can get the pricing we're seeing on the UK site.

If you are past payment Celebrity in the UK will do nothing for you. We cruised in April (booked in the US) and the price dropped after final payment. Our US TA was able to get us a good upgrade. When we boarded we found we had been given $500 OBC by X. None of that would have happened if we had booked here in the UK so UK bookings have UK terms and conditions which are probably not going to be any help to you. 

Even before final payment I called Celebrity when I saw a UK TA had SIGNIFICANTLY lower prices PLUS all perks...on a booking we had.

Neither Celebrity nor the US Big Box TA would "match" it. 

Not certain if I could have moved it to the UK TA...

I did send an email to the UK TA about booking that cruise directly with them--gave them dates etc... I got a blanket email bounce back which did not address my request for a bid for that sailing. We were willing to walk away from the deposit.

So with no real response from the UK TA..we left it alone

Let us know how it goes. Curious here

In the future, you might want to book with a US travel agent.  A good travel agent might be able to help you out in your situation. Additionally, you almost always can get additional OBC and possibly a discount booking through a travel agent.

I doubt that Celebrity will do anything to help you here, since the price has not been reduced on the US site.

25 minutes ago, sandancer said:

If you are past payment Celebrity in the UK will do nothing for you. We cruised in April (booked in the US) and the price dropped after final payment. Our US TA was able to get us a good upgrade. When we boarded we found we had been given $500 OBC by X. None of that would have happened if we had booked here in the UK so UK bookings have UK terms and conditions which are probably not going to be any help to you. 

You can do that in the UK via a TA or with Celebrity directly as long as there is an upgraded room available on your sailing. Obviously this is entirely dependent on the individual sailing and what inventory is available. 

20 minutes ago, cruiserchuck said:

In the future, you might want to book with a US travel agent.  A good travel agent might be able to help you out in your situation. Additionally, you almost always can get additional OBC and possibly a discount booking through a travel agent.

I doubt that Celebrity will do anything to help you here, since the price has not been reduced on the US site.

Hmmmm, that depends on the current prices and offers. It's quite common for Celebrity UK and UK based TA's to beat US pricing these days so the individual needs to check their actual cruise and treat it on it's own individual merits. 

19 minutes ago, Mynki said:

Hmmmm, that depends on the current prices and offers. It's quite common for Celebrity UK and UK based TA's to beat US pricing these days so the individual needs to check their actual cruise and treat it on it's own individual merits. 

Since the OP booked on the Celebrity US site, I assumed that they had checked pricing, and determined that the US site had lower pricing for them.  My point was that once you find the lowest pricing on the US site, you can almost always get additional benefits by having a TA involved.  I was not commenting on whether it is better to book on the US vs UK site.