Are any of the OS or DOS on the Jade or Gem 2-bedroom?

brookie848

We normally sail in 2-bedroom suites (H4s), but this year we sailed in a DOS on the Dawn that had two bedrooms. Do any of the DOS or OS on the Jade or Gem have two bedrooms? What about on any other ships (large or small)? I know we could always go for the Garden Villa, but we can't quite justify the cost for three adults.

We are just wondering if there are other options for us besides the named 2-bedroom villas.

Thanks!

Okay...and tied to this...I'm looking at the Breakaway and the 2-bedroom family villas are gone for 2021. The description/floor plan now seems to match Owner's Suite with Large Balcony (minus the large balcony part). And they are all sold out for the cruise I am looking at. 

I know NCL planned on making some changes in room designations. Is this one of them or is something just messed up?

47 minutes ago, brookie848 said:

We normally sail in 2-bedroom suites (H4s), but this year we sailed in a DOS on the Dawn that had two bedrooms. Do any of the DOS or OS on the Jade or Gem have two bedrooms? What about on any other ships (large or small)? I know we could always go for the Garden Villa, but we can't quite justify the cost for three adults.

We are just wondering if there are other options for us besides the named 2-bedroom villas.

Thanks!

I have been on the Jade and Gem in the OS. They do not have two bedrooms. Never been in the DOS but pretty sure

they don't either.

The Dawn is in a class by itself (maybe to include the Star) but it is built similar to the Jewel class ships but without the Haven. Instead it has the two largest Garden Villas in the fleet. Back in 2011 she underwent a makeover where they converted some of decks 11 and 12 to add more suites, including several different family OS and DOS category with and without balconies.  A lot of these suites sleep up to 6 people in a variety of styles including murphy beds and two bedrooms. We were in a more standard 2 bedroom suite on the Dawn deck 11.

The Jade and Gem have the usual rooms as the rest of the Jewel class ships. They offer the Penthouse suites both inside and outside of the Haven as well as 2 bedroom suites in and out of the Haven. I do not believe that any of the Owners Suites - deluxe or otherwise have more than one bedroom.

2 hours ago, Peachypooh said:

I have been on the Jade and Gem in the OS. They do not have two bedrooms. Never been in the DOS but pretty sure

they don't either.

Gem DOS does not have 2 bedrooms either, but it is a GREAT room.....

The DOS does not have a second bedroom, but does have a second bathroom (powder room only).  

My parents and I have used the DOS several times on the Jade, and have found it plenty big enough for the three of us.  The sofa is not full size so I would not consider two adults on the sofa even though the suite shows capacity of four. However we have taken a teenage grandchild using a roll away - while it was a little cramped it did work (we were on deck 10 -keep in mind the DOS gets a little larger as you go up decks.)  

If you really need a second bedroom the DOS has connecting doors to either a forward penthouse or a mini suite.