Any pay Anthem restaurants open for lunch on embarkation?

We of course like everyone go to the free spots for lunch on Embarkation day but would kinda like to skip the chaos. Are there any pay/specialty restaurants open on Embarkation day so we can have a more peaceful, stress free, quiet lunch? Honestly I never thought of this before so i have not a clue of the answer. Thanks for any info.

28 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

We of course like everyone go to the free spots for lunch on Embarkation day but would kinda like to skip the chaos. Are there any pay/specialty restaurants open on Embarkation day so we can have a more peaceful, stress free, quiet lunch? Honestly I never thought of this before so i have not a clue of the answer. Thanks for any info.

Jamies and Chops are open but the people who buy The Key have a "free" lunch there, so don't expect peace and quiet.  Solarium Bistro is open for lunch and is a peaceful place to start your cruise.  We used to go to Cafe 270 but now that is crazy and not worth waiting in line.  Anthem boards early, typically between 10:30 and 11.  You can be up in the Solarium before Solarium Bistro even opens.

Jamies and Chops are open but the people who buy The Key have a "free" lunch there, so don't expect peace and quiet.  Solarium Bistro is open for lunch and is a peaceful place to start your cruise.  We used to go to Cafe 270 but now that is crazy and not worth waiting in line.  Anthem boards early, typically between 10:30 and 11.  You can be up in the Solarium before Solarium Bistro even opens.
See I like the idea of the Solarium bistro but are kids allowed in there? We have a 6 year old son. No kids in the Solarium right?

1 minute ago, JAMESCC said:
2 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

See I like the idea of the Solarium bistro but are kids allowed in there? We have a 6 year old son. No kids in the Solarium right?

Kids are allowed in Solarium Bistro, just can't hang out in the Solarium itself.  Just walk in the port side entrance to the Solarium and right to the restaurant, you will be fine. 🙂 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Kids are allowed in Solarium Bistro, just can't hang out in the Solarium itself.  Just walk in the port side entrance to the Solarium and right to the restaurant, you will be fine. 🙂 

Oh great, thanks. I didn't know that, I had heard that before but didn't know. So walk in to the solarium and directly to the bistro? 

12 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Oh great, thanks. I didn't know that, I had heard that before but didn't know. So walk in to the solarium and directly to the bistro? 

Yup, I would go in the port side entrance to the Solarium since the entrance to the Bistro is on that side.  That way you don't have to walk your son through the whole Solarium and get looks.

10 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Yup, I would go in the port side entrance to the Solarium since the entrance to the Bistro is on that side.  That way you don't have to walk your son through the whole Solarium and get looks.

10 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

That is exactly what I was worried about, dirty looks from the anti-kids crowd.

• Haha 1

Just ignore them.  He won't be the only kid in there.
Thanks, I agree. I hate that dirty look though. [emoji16] Still thinking about Jaime's but other options are available I know now. I just want a less stressful, crowded and loud lunch when we first board.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMESCC said:

Thanks, I agree. I hate that dirty look though. emoji16.png Still thinking about Jaime's but other options are available I know now. I just want a less stressful, crowded and loud lunch when we first board.

I enjoy Jamie's but with all The Key passengers, I wouldn't want to get in the mess of that.  Unless we get a cheap sale online, we book once we are harassed by one of the waiters walking around.  You can get at least a 30% discount.  Harmony had 50% off offers on formal night but the times were late, so we skipped it.

• Like 1

I enjoy Jamie's but with all The Key passengers, I wouldn't want to get in the mess of that.  Unless we get a cheap sale online, we book once we are harassed by one of the waiters walking around.  You can get at least a 30% discount.  Harmony had 50% off offers on formal night but the times were late, so we skipped it.
That is true, that will pretty be mobbed. Might not even be able to get in with The Key passengers. Cruise isn't till September 21 so we have time to figure it out. I love the Windjammer because of the variety but man that first day is really a zoo.