Next cruise on Ventura now booked! Yay!

sidekick180

We have just booked our next Cruise on Ventura N019 Spain and Portugal for July 2020. It's a long way off, but still can't wait.

A really bizarre thing happened when I made the booking, I had already looked online to get prices etc. and then I called P&O. During the phone call, I had left the page open on my computer, just so I could make sure that the price I got on the phone was the same price on the internet.

The bizarre thing was, when the lady at P&O asked if I had a specific cabin in mind, I said 'no, as long as it's a mid ship balcony cabin'. She then said 'No problem, I can offer you cabin number C510'. When I looked back at the computer, this was the exact cabin that was selected on there. There were other options of cabins in the same area, so it was very strange that this was the exact cabin she had offered me.

The story doesn't end there, because we had been on the Azura from 4th May this year, to France and Spain. Guess what cabin we had on that cruise? Yes, you guessed it, Cabin number C510. This is all a bit weird, but I just hope it's a good Omen!

3 minutes ago, sidekick180 said:

We have just booked our next Cruise on Ventura N019 Spain and Portugal for July 2020. It's a long way off, but still can't wait.

A really bizarre thing happened when I made the booking, I had already looked online to get prices etc. and then I called P&O. During the phone call, I had left the page open on my computer, just so I could make sure that the price I got on the phone was the same price on the internet.

The bizarre thing was, when the lady at P&O asked if I had a specific cabin in mind, I said 'no, as long as it's a mid ship balcony cabin'. She then said 'No problem, I can offer you cabin number C510'. When I looked back at the computer, this was the exact cabin that was selected on there. There were other options of cabins in the same area, so it was very strange that this was the exact cabin she had offered me.

The story doesn't end there, because we had been on the Azura from 4th May this year, to France and Spain. Guess what cabin we had on that cruise? Yes, you guessed it, Cabin number C510. This is all a bit weird, but I just hope it's a good Omen!

I imagine that what it shows is that P&O's computer system has a one track mind.

It would be intriguing to know how the booking algorithms work, but presumably - for whatever reason - C510 was the next cabin to be offered, either online or by P&O staff.

It would be nice to think that cabins are allocated like theatre seats - the best available for the price first. 

I always book via my long standing travel agent. His computer displays a list of available cabins in the grade selected, ranked according to P&Os assesssment as to desirability. On the assumption that the OP would be offered the cabin which P&O regard as being the best option available, it is not surprising and indeed reassuring that the same cabin was offered both online and on the telephone.