B2B Question

mustang1969

I just booked a b2b cruise on the Encore out of New York next year. I am in the same room for both cruises. I was wondering if I have to leave ship after the first cruise? I want to get the Vib beach club passes and want to make sure I am one of the first people in line and I am hoping I will be able to do this. Thanks you for the info.....😎

4 minutes ago, mustang1969 said:

I just booked a b2b cruise on the Encore out of New York next year. I am in the same room for both cruises. I was wondering if I have to leave ship after the first cruise? I want to get the Vib beach club passes and want to make sure I am one of the first people in line and I am hoping I will be able to do this. Thanks you for the info.....😎

I've done a few b2b's and no problem to either stay on the ship or to go off it.

What LTC says is not always true, it depends on the itineraries and the Authorities.   

In the USA it is normal for the ship to have to be totally free of passengers.   We had to get off in Miami all three times we were returning to the same ship. 

In each case we were told to meet in a restaurant towards the final clearance time, were taken into the C&I hall and had our passports examined, then were back in the queue to be first back on with the Suite guests.

Just did B2B on Dawn, got off 6/22/19.

They had a large group of us meet at the end of the first cruise at Gatsby's at 6:30 am where a crew member gave us our new key cards and an Customs Agent eventually came and reviewed our passports and that was it. Off we went.

Enjoy your B2B! 

On our last b2b we met @8:00 in Shanghai restaurant area . We were given transfer tags . Customs came checked us off and reviewed our passports . We were then free to stay on the ship or go to off if we chose . This was on the Dawn out of San Juan .

We were on a 14 day out of Venice on the Jade a few years ago that we booked as a 14 day cruise but turned out to be two-7 day cruises that simply ran back-to-back (b2b).  Completely different itineraries for each 7 day leg.  Each cruise started and terminated in Venice.  So as a couple of previous poster have stated, "it depends" on your particular cruise.

We were in the same cabin for all 14 days.  We had to stop at Guest relations on Day#5 or #6 and receive a sticker on our key cards; this showed that we were staying aboard rather than leaving on Day#8.

On Day#8 we got off in a separate line & exit to tour Venice on our own around 10 that morning.  We returned around 130 and again were directed to a separate line for getting back on board.  It took a bit longer getting back on board but otherwise it was fine.