Miami tours?

luvnjonson

On 6/26/2019 at 1:26 PM, JohninDC said:

Hop on/off bus tours are popular ways to see Miami and Miami Beach before heading to the airport.

I'm in the same boat);- getting off Celebrity in Port Everglades but flight out of Miami doesn't leave until 2:55.  I see the hop on off bus excursion offered by my cruise line but it says all flights must leave later than 3:30. Is this because they want you there 2 hrs. prior? Anyone know what time they actually drop you off at the airport in Miami?  I'm willing to live dangerously and risk the 35 min.

• Like 1

I’m curious about the post-cruise excursions as well. My flight doesn’t leave until 3:55 and I wanted to kill some time “cheaply” before my flight. While the HOHO is great, what happens to our luggage if we happen to get off the bus for lunch? I certainly don’t want to drag it around with me.🤷🏻‍♀️ 

I considered booking a “day room” but the locations of the hotels that participate in the program are not in really good areas to walk around in for lunch....or are way too expensive.

I still have 10 weeks to figure this out....and I hate waiting until the last minute for planning!

Edited by NayRN
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, NayRN said:

I’m curious about the post-cruise excursions as well. My flight doesn’t leave until 3:55 and I wanted to kill some time “cheaply” before my flight. While the HOHO is great, what happens to our luggage if we happen to get off the bus for lunch? I certainly don’t want to drag it around with me.🤷🏻‍♀️ 

I considered booking a “day room” but the locations of the hotels that participate in the program are not in really good areas to walk around in for lunch....or are way too expensive.

I still have 10 weeks to figure this out....and I hate waiting until the last minute for planning!

Our cruise isn't until February, but, like yourself, I don't want to wait until last minute to plan something out.  I was hoping maybe someone had insight to a cab company like the islands have that will take you around for a few hours.  Fingers crossed that we both find something!

21 hours ago, NayRN said:

They do store your bags for you at a central point next to the main departure area for the hoho bus tours. You have to make sure you get back there in time to collect your bags and get on one of the shuttles they run to the airport. There are fixed times for the shuttles (Last year, for our cruise, they were offering 1pm, 3pm and 5pm. It might not be the same for your cruise.). So you need to take that into account bearing in mind your flight time.

I personally prefer the tours to places like the Everglades where your luggage actually stays on the bus with you the whole time and they take you (and your luggage) straight to the airport at the end of the tour.

Obviously, though, it depends on what you like to do or may already have done. Maybe you don't want to go to the Everglades for the nth time!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, luvnjonson said:

I was hoping maybe someone had insight to a cab company like the islands have that will take you around for a few hours.  

Larry's Limos does this but it can be pretty expensive. I priced it and it was over 200 dollars for 3 hours, although if you're splitting the cost between two couples, for example, it's not so bad.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

They do store your bags for you at a central point next to the main departure area for the hoho bus tours. You have to make sure you get back there in time to collect your bags and get on one of the shuttles they run to the airport. There are fixed times for the shuttles (Last year, for our cruise, they were offering 1pm, 3pm and 5pm. It might not be the same for your cruise.). So you need to take that into account bearing in mind your flight time.

I personally prefer the tours to places like the Everglades where your luggage actually stays on the bus with you the whole time and they take you (and your luggage) straight to the airport at the end of the tour.

Obviously, though, it depends on what you like to do or may already have done. Maybe you don't want to go to the Everglades for the nth time!

I’ve been to the Everglades a few times, but you do make a very valid point! With the HOHO, I have to worry about collecting my luggage and making the 1pm shuttle. I was leaning toward a “tour by locals” thing but all the prices are for 3 or 6 people which would make them affordable-I’m sailing solo which makes the prices outrageous!!!

I’m not planning on doing any excursions on the islands and having the $50/port credit toward excursions, it makes the Everglades to MIA tour super cheap!!

12 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Larry's Limos does this but it can be pretty expensive. I priced it and it was over 200 dollars for 3 hours, although if you're splitting the cost between two couples, for example, it's not so bad.

I will absolutely check this out!

6 hours ago, luvnjonson said:

I will absolutely check this out!

The price I mentioned was just for their smallest vehicle. They do have bigger ones if you're travelling with more people. You can use their website to price it. Just use the hourly rate option as opposed to point to point.

We have used them for airport transfers between MIA and Fort Lauderdale and would certainly recommend them.