Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter

Jeal

We just got back from a Celebrity cruise and booked the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter through the ship. Normally, we don’t book through the cruise line but we had our 8 year old granddaughter with us and I didn’t want to worry about getting back to the ship independently. We had a great time both with the Dolphin Encounter and swimming at the beach. We had great interaction with the dolphins - kisses, holding the dolphin and feeding it a fish and they took lots of pictures which are available on line for 30 days. The beach had loads of lounge chairs, a inflatable water park, tubes, kayaking, and more. Our granddaughter wanted to stay at the water park end so we didn’t do the tubes or kayaking. We didn’t eat there so I don’t know anything about the food. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this review! In the dolphin encounter do they do the push through the water on your feet? Or is there a chance to upgrade to that once in the water? We want to do this ship excursion with our 7  and 9 year olds but I’m worried if I book the “swim” level and we get there and are scared it’s not worth it but if I book the encounter and they love it I’ll be kicking myself I didn't book the foot push! 

Also once you have the encounter booked are you free to roam the island and is there anything you need to pay for besides souvenirs and food? 

On 7/13/2019 at 8:48 AM, cruisewithbaby said:

Thank you for this review! In the dolphin encounter do they do the push through the water on your feet? Or is there a chance to upgrade to that once in the water? We want to do this ship excursion with our 7  and 9 year olds but I’m worried if I book the “swim” level and we get there and are scared it’s not worth it but if I book the encounter and they love it I’ll be kicking myself I didn't book the foot push! 

Also once you have the encounter booked are you free to roam the island and is there anything you need to pay for besides souvenirs and food? 

For the dolphin encounter you are always on a platform in about waist deep water.  The dolphin swim is the excursion with the foot push.  There's no way to upgrade once you're in the water so you'll need to decide when you book.

Yes, you are free to roam the island after your animal encounter.

Edited by CruisinCrow