Double Check Those Reservations!

molymoo

Just discovered that two of our specialty restaurant reservations were “lost in translation”.  We’re onboard and when checking our calendar we noticed that two of our reservations (1chefs table and 1manfredis) have disappeared!  Nothing much available now so we’re out of luck.  Somehow the system has us with restaurant reservations on the dates and times we had booked the others.  The rep told us that that we likely did that by mistake ( what!?!) 

We tried to explain to her that that wasn’t even possible so it had to be a system issue.  Whatever the issue there’s really nothing to be done.

She had no idea how that might have happened but said we should have checked first thing.  Guess we need to put that on the list of things to do!

51 minutes ago, molymoo said:

Just discovered that two of our specialty restaurant reservations were “lost in translation”.  We’re onboard and when checking our calendar we noticed that two of our reservations (1chefs table and 1manfredis) have disappeared!  Nothing much available now so we’re out of luck.  Somehow the system has us with restaurant reservations on the dates and times we had booked the others.  The rep told us that that we likely did that by mistake ( what!?!) 

We tried to explain to her that that wasn’t even possible so it had to be a system issue.  Whatever the issue there’s really nothing to be done.

She had no idea how that might have happened but said we should have checked first thing.  Guess we need to put that on the list of things to do!

We usually print out our reservations - check them first and then print them - as we feel that having evidence in print can't be beaten.

4 hours ago, molymoo said:

Need to double check everything!!  Yesterday we made the final payment on a river cruise and added on the trip mate insurance.  When I printed out our guest statement, I saw that we had been charged twice. Called the sales rep who said it must have been a systems error. Huh?? Money was refunded but still disconcerting.

4 hours ago, Parsley Cruises said:

We usually print out our reservations - check them first and then print them - as we feel that having evidence in print can't be beaten.

Didn’t matter ... we even had our detailed final docs from Viking listing our reservations but still left feeling that we obviously had to have done something to mess it up.  Will send a screenshot of that page in the docs when I contact tellus@vikingcruises ... it’s less about the loss of the reservations than getting blamed and no apology 

Don't worry molymoo, it's easy to get into the speciality restaurants once on board and the journey starts. We booked our full quota before sailing but found plenty of opportunity to add more. I think folk change their plans once onboard as we rang and popped down to the restaurants a few times and were always found a table.

There were a number of empty tables in Manfredi's one night when we dropped by on the off chance.

Hope you have a fabulous trip.

16 hours ago, molymoo said:

Didn’t matter ... we even had our detailed final docs from Viking listing our reservations but still left feeling that we obviously had to have done something to mess it up.  Will send a screenshot of that page in the docs when I contact tellus@vikingcruises ... it’s less about the loss of the reservations than getting blamed and no apology 

What a cruise you are having. Send that e-mail today and let them make it right while you are on board.  You are a very loyal guest and that is the least they can for you.

On 7/3/2019 at 4:20 PM, Peregrina651 said:

What a cruise you are having. Send that e-mail today and let them make it right while you are on board.  You are a very loyal guest and that is the least they can for you.

Thanks Peregrina!  I will bring it up with Viking but generally find I’m better off waiting to address grievances until I am calm ... better to avoid exacerbating the situation with excessive “snark”!  As it is we now have reservations for both restaurants at (fairly) reasonable times.  As the original times were selected specifically to comfortably work around ports and excursions we are no longer visiting or taking it is pretty much a moot point at this juncture.  It has been an interesting cruise up to now (day 8).  It’s no Barcelona but has had its own frustrations ... hopefully once we leave Honningsvag we will finally be on “schedule “ ... fingers crossed!  Meanwhile we are well fed and the bars are open.  I have noticed there is a lot more activity at the bars this cruise!  🤪

• Like 1

While booking my flights months before our cruise I went and double checked the dates and times noticed something was really off with the dates.  Out of nowhere there was a 3 day pre-cruise add on.  The TA took it off immediately and was just as baffled as I was.  We hadn't even discussed it and I had a hotel in Rome booked.