Cruise Critic Community
zltm089

Cheapest "luxury" cruise lines

4 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

TC....Crystal has learned to not sail Alaska every year because it is challenging to fill a luxury ship that size year over year.  In fact, when it pulled out of Alaska for a few years and returned it did fill the ships quite well but if they repeat it too often they are not going to fill the ship year over year.

In terms of your sailing you are late in the season as is the final one that comes after your cruise.

The peak time is July and August for Alaska for several reasons and that includes weather and also when school is out for the summer.

Crystal will be returning to Alaska on Ocean Vessels in 2021 and 2022 but is taking 2020 off from Alaska and I suspect for the reason I mentioned.

Keith

Keith - thanks so much for that explanation.  It makes sense.  Even though we are sailing after Labor Day, the ship is full (or so I hear).  In terms of weather, it will be rainy but, at least for this sailing, the destination is really the ship.

TC you are very welcome.  I think part of the reason to your ship having more guests now is the price reductions  I believe you mentioned that it was reduced twice.  This certainly helps fill the ships but might not be so good for the bottom line relative to itineraries where there are no price reductions.  Crystal like many of the luxury lines has learned though better to pro-actively do things to increase occupancy on sailings that are initially not selling so well.

I hope you enjoy your first Crystal Cruise.

Keith