Wifi question on Island Princess

musicman85

When I was on Royal Caribbean even though I didn't purchase the Wifi package, I was still able to stream Apple Music and text message via iMessage with no roaming charges incurred. Are those capabilities working on Island Princess without a wifi package? 

Thanks! 

After you board just open the browser on your device and activate Princess@Sea. (You do not have to download any app).

You are connected through the ship's intranet network and do not have to buy any minutes unless you wish to visit the World Wide Web.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/activities/princess-at-sea/

*one caveat: if you are sailing Island Princess on or after December 20, 2020 the ship will then be MedallionClass so you will have to download the appropriate apps from that point on*

Unlike Royal Caribbean or sister line Celebrity there is tons of helpful information on the Princess website that will answer any and all similar questions. Welcome aboard 😎

After you board just open the browser on your device and activate Princess@Sea.

Is there music at Princess@Sea? I never remember seeing it.

With Princess@Sea text messaging is only for others that are on board and identified to receive your on board texts.

2 hours ago, musicman85 said:

When I was on Royal Caribbean even though I didn't purchase the Wifi package, I was still able to stream Apple Music and text message via iMessage with no roaming charges incurred. Are those capabilities working on Island Princess without a wifi package? 

Thanks! 

Alas, Princess uses a different tech than the Royal Zoom product.    I have not see the same flaw at Princess that allows one to send an iMessage or stream music like RCI.  

The nice part is if you are on a Medallion enabled ship, your wifi will be much less expensive than on RCI

Thanks for all the info! Maybe the streaming music on Royal Caribbean was a fluke during the cruise. I like the Princess @ Sea that you can message people within your party who are on board. I'm traveling with my parents and my dad does text, so that'll be helpful to have.