Voyager launderette

smbblack

Are the machines in the launderette coin operated?  and do they provide soap or should I pack a few packets?  Our

cruise will be over 3 weeks long so I think I may wish to take advantage of the launderette.

Thank you in advance.

There is no additional charge to use the washing machines and the dryers. Soap is provided but if you want to use fabric softener, you will have to bring your own. Hope this helps. 

Dave

If you can try to do your laundry in the evening of a shore day.  On sea days the washers get really filled up, and my husband has had to run up to other decks to find a free washer or dryer.  There are laundries on every deck and they work quite well.

On Voyager, there are launderettes on decks 7, 8, 9 and 10. They're open from 7 AM to 10 PM. Anytime that you find convenient to do laundry is likely to be the same time that others find it convenient. On Mariner last year, clothes were often left in the dryers early in the day. On the Voyager cruise that we just finished, we washed quick to dry items in the sink, and hung them to dry on the line over the tub which we didn't use otherwise since we only used the shower stall. For other items, we used our ship board credit for laundry. It's expensive, but we didn't need to spend the credit elsewhere.

There is a real problem with people putting washing into a machine or dryer and then not coming back to take it out when the cycle is over.   I hate the idea of handling someone else's clothes but what else can be done if the "owner" isn't there to remove them??  (there are small laundry baskets for this purpose).  If I use the laundrette I make sure to be back before the end of the cycle.   

BTW there are also a couple of irons and ironing boards.   And if the laundrette on your deck is busy, try another deck!!

• Like 1