Confused About S & S Cards and FTTF

On 7/20/2019 at 7:50 PM, handbellplayer said:

Thanks to all of you who made helpful suggestions - I  am not usually this clueless - I am a RCCL cruiser who is very comfortable with their procedures.  I purchased FTTF for this cruise because it is a family celebration for my granddaughter's high school graduation.  We have another grandchild who is a very active (and not very patient) 3-year old and I'm trying very hard to make this a happy vacation for all.

we travel with two small children and FTTF is great because of that. You can drop off their special bags of toys they carried on, check out Camp Ocean, eat in relative peace before the onslaught. We've only done it once so far and doing it again next month. When we did it last year, all our bags were in our room by noon. We did tip the porters a normal amount. It was great to be able to let the kids wind down while we unpacked before going back up and out for muster and sail away. 

2 hours ago, BandBWCsmom said:

Do you know if this applies at all ports that carnival sails from? Wondering if I need to ask when going on the Breeze next month as we have FTTF...

I really can't speak for any other port but Galveston... but others have said they see the porters reach for the orange stickers as soon as they check the boarding passes... but if they don't, it's worthwhile to me to just provide a gentle reminder!

On 7/20/2019 at 7:50 PM, handbellplayer said:

Thanks to all of you who made helpful suggestions - I  am not usually this clueless - I am a RCCL cruiser who is very comfortable with their procedures.  I purchased FTTF for this cruise because it is a family celebration for my granddaughter's high school graduation.  We have another grandchild who is a very active (and not very patient) 3-year old and I'm trying very hard to make this a happy vacation for all.

We are also RCI cruisers (D+) and bought FTTF for our Pride cruise this Sunday.  Carnival just does things differently than RCI does.  We're used to arriving when we want and having priority security and check in lines so FTTF made sense for us for that and for tendering at HMC.  There are plenty of posts both for and against FTTF but, I honestly don't care if someone doesn't think it's necessary.  Just like all the cruise line boards here.  To each his own.  

On 7/18/2019 at 6:18 PM, crzndeb said:

Not all Royal ships...on the Allure, my grandsons was in an envelope outside, and my daughters and mine were inside the cabin. Did not get at check in.

You are correct.  It's more common on older smaller ships to get your cards at check in.  On most of the larger and newer ships you get them at your cabin.  Anthem out of NJ is another one that has them at your cabin.  We cruise on Grandeur out of Baltimore a lot and you get cards at check in there.  For Pride, I've read both.  How do they do it currently?  Not that it really matters, but I'm curious since we're on her this weekend.