Disembarkation on MSC

mw1

I’ve booked MSC for the first time and not sure how efficient disembarkation is?

Sailing on Grandiosa - arrives at Barcelona at 9am. Should I book 12.30 flight or 14.10 flight to Gatwick?

Thanks

I would certainly agree with the previous posters.  By taking the later flight you can enjoy a leisurely breakfast onboard while everyone else debarks and maybe even have a coffee before you leave to while away the morning.  Just ask at Guest Services to be allocated the latest disembarkation time.

11 hours ago, mw1 said:

I’ve booked MSC for the first time and not sure how efficient disembarkation is?

Sailing on Grandiosa - arrives at Barcelona at 9am. Should I book 12.30 flight or 14.10 flight to Gatwick?

Thanks

We would disagree but each to there own.

Once breakfast is over we just want to disembark and hanging around for a coffee is definitely not for us.

We have our coffee with breakfast.

We've have never had a problem getting our 10.50 am flight from Barcelona El Prat airport back to the UK.

Disembarkation we have found extremely easy and extremely quick at the port.

Have both walked off with our luggage which we prefer for peace of mind and had them tagged and collected the night before without any issues.

If you go with having your luggage collected just get a low number tag from guest services they’ll issue you one no problem.

There are always hundreds of taxis lined up a few weeks ago the fare was €39 fixed rate and our journey has always taken around 20 minutes.

If you arrive at 09.00 you could breakfast around 08.00 or before and there is then no real reason why you couldn’t be off the ship in a taxi and at the airport by 10.00. to 10.30

On our recent Belissima cruise the itinerary was to dock at 09.00 but actually docked at 07.30.

With the 14.10 flight you could easily be hanging around at the airport for well over three hours as they will want you off the ship ASAP to get ready for the next guests.

you can disembark as soon as the ship docks and they have permission - there is an option to do this but you must carry all your luggage - speak to guest services about it - but they usually send out forms if anyone wants to do this.

then there are time slots for your luggage to be dropped off - if you get one you don't like you can change to an earlier one - it just more or less guarrantees your luggage will be at the terminal that time - you can get off earlier or later.... the luggage will be there at the time of the colored label.