Caribbean Princess A/C Situation

CruiseVA

9 hours ago, FloaterBoat said:

Sure.  But the AC complaints have been ongoing on CB for a couple years.

I seem to remember AC complaints as long ago as 2008 on the CB.  At the time, it was blamed on passengers leaving their balcony doors opened.  

R744 (last inside all the way aft on Riviera Deck).  On June 22 and 29 sailings.  Boarded the ship in FLL the first day and the cabin was warm.  Our room steward mentioned it was warm and that they were working on it.  By sailing, AC returned and it was very comfortable for the whole two weeks.

Last Nov the AC in cabin C602 was non existent. We sweated through 10 days with numerous calls until our move to the other side of the ship in cabin C423 where it was actually cool. My DH even removed the air deflector to get max air flow to no avail. 

It's an older ship with problems that seem to be inherent. We called maintenance numerous times & they just show up & fiddle with the thermostat and then leave saying that it's fine. 

Even after the dry dock I'd bet it hasn't been fixed. They continue to assign these cabins just hoping that the passengers won't complain.:classic_sad:

It's pretty bad when the temp in the hallway is always cooler than in the room.