Trying to book excursions

zitsky

19 hours ago, agnesd said:

Call your credit card.  They will usually just take it off double charges.  

I called and got someone who didn't speak or understand English very well.  He thought I was reporting a fraud and wanted to cancel my card.  It was a very frustrating conversation.  I'm trying to work up the energy to try again!

34 minutes ago, Cyber Kat said:

I called and got someone who didn't speak or understand English very well.  He thought I was reporting a fraud and wanted to cancel my card.  It was a very frustrating conversation.  I'm trying to work up the energy to try again!

What is your credit card company?  Maybe we should avoid them?  I have Chase and they are good.

Is it possible that the switch to booking at 3:01 pm EST vs. 3:01 am has resulted in many more people trying to book at the same time and crashing the site?  There can't be as many people who will rise to book in the early hours to book excursions.  IT work required.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, frenchhorn said:

Is it possible that the switch to booking at 3:01 pm EST vs. 3:01 am has resulted in many more people trying to book at the same time and crashing the site?  There can't be as many people who will rise to book in the early hours to book excursions.  IT work required.

Anyone with IT experience and common sense knows that you need more resources at 3pm than at 3am.  No question I would rather do this in the afternoon.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, frenchhorn said:

I think this hits the nail on the head, and I'm not sure Viking was prepared for more people on the site since changing the policy.

Even though different cabin categories have their booking windows open on different dates, as Viking has grown to six ships with many 8-day cruises, they are probably to the point where nearly every day there is at least one - sometimes more - booking window opening, all at the same clock time.
Maybe in addition to different categories booking on different days, they need to be different times. That way PV for one cruise wouldn't open at exactly the same time as DV on a different cruise. Just moving by an hour might help.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, just_dont said:

Even though different cabin categories have their booking windows open on different dates, as Viking has grown to six ships with many 8-day cruises, they are probably to the point where nearly every day there is at least one - sometimes more - booking window opening, all at the same clock time.
Maybe in addition to different categories booking on different days, they need to be different times. That way PV for one cruise wouldn't open at exactly the same time as DV on a different cruise. Just moving by an hour might help.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Now that’s a great idea and a helpful suggestion! 👍

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/23/2019 at 9:12 PM, zitsky said:

I get your point Peregrina but I still say that signing up for excursions could be improved (a lot).  I do IT project management.  If it were up to me, I would fire Viking's CIO.

If you think you have some ideas about how they do what they're doing,tell them and ask to be contacted. I did this after our first cruise and they called me and we talked for almost a half hour about one aspect of the cruise.  I mentioned if they didn't have anyone to do this better that I had experience in the field. On or second cruise the situation had been addressed.  There was vast improvement in this aspect on the second cruise. I'm not saying it would appeal to everyone but it did show me that they do listen and sometimes take action on suggestions.