Some info on what NCL is doing to the SE & SF Suites on the Jewel-class ships

Turtles06

On 12/11/2021 at 9:14 AM, Divers82 said:

Digging up this old post because it seems to be the most recent discussion on the topic…

Can anybody confirm whether or not the SN - Aft Facing Penthouse’s get butler service on the Gem? On the NCL site, it still says “most” get butler and concierge service. I recently upgraded, and told my wife it has butler service, and she’s very excited about that. I assumed it was a full blown suite with all the normal suite perks, excluding access to the Haven.

If anybody has any recent experience, please let me know. Thanks!

I'm in an SN suite on the Gem right now (Deck 9 Aft) and I have a butler and all the usual amenities. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So if you have a chance to bid on an upgrade to a suite,  I know you  won't know what suite you're getting.   If you're already in a club balcony suite,  what would be the advantage on bidding on a suite if you don't know what amenities you are getting.  Do they list the suites by actually category and list the amenities?    I did notice when booking on Jewel Class ships,  it says some  suites may or may not have butler and concierge.  But does that mean  you don't have access to specialty restaurant for breakfast and lunch?  So confused!

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

It appears this was just a rumor - eliminating butler services for non-haven suites. 

It was and still is much more than a rumor as to *certain* non-haven suites -- it's right on NCL's web site.  For example, looking now at SN aft-facing Penthouses [Decks 8 and 9] on the Gem in 2023, the NCL booking page says "include concierge and butler service in most."  (What in the world does "in most" mean?  Which ones do, which don't?)  By contrast, the description for the SM aft-facing Penthouses [Deck 10] says "Includes butler and concierge service."  NCL has left it open to eliminate the butlers for the SN suites.  That this apparently hasn't happened yet is a good thing for guests, but I wouldn't book these without clarification, given the language used. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

It was and still is much more than a rumor as to *certain* non-haven suites -- it's right on NCL's web site.  For example, looking now at SN aft-facing Penthouses [Decks 8 and 9] on the Gem in 2023, the NCL booking page says "include concierge and butler service in most."  (What in the world does "in most" mean?  Which ones do, which don't?)  By contrast, the description for the SM aft-facing Penthouses [Deck 10] says "Includes butler and concierge service."  NCL has left it open to eliminate the butlers for the SN suites.  That this apparently hasn't happened yet is a good thing for guests, but I wouldn't book these without clarification, given the language used. 

Oh, I see now. I booked a S4. That's why I wasn't seeing any messages. 

• 2 years later...
16 hours ago, MohrPfun said:

Now that we're in 2024, has anyone experienced any update this to, specifically with the Aft-Facing suites on Deck 8/9: Jewel?

Thanks!

FYI, I called in this am and got an answer to my question!

Ended up getting transferred to a supervisor who has sailed on the Jewel twice, once last fall in 9670 (SN) and once in 10664 (SM).  According to her, they never changed the suite perks, even though the website is very nebulous about which rooms qualify.  As long as you're in a suite (room type starting with S), you get everything.  On her fall sailing, that means suite/haven guests used Moderno for breakfast, and Cagney's for lunch, although some sailings use just Moderno for both, depends on staffing levels.  

Hope this helps others.