Reservations at Teppanyaki for 6

dinkydee718

My apologies if this has been asked already. My Wifi is being extra slow and I was trying to search this topic but it was taking too long, so I quit.

Has anyone found a way around the website only allowing a reservation for up to 4 people at Teppanyaki? There are 6 people in my family. Last summer, after only booking four of us online, I called NCL to add two more of us. They told me they couldn’t do it but that since I was in the Haven (and planning to board in the morning), I would have no problem adding the two people in the Haven lounge before embarkation. Of course, we got there first thing and I tried to add the two people and was told they were booked.  In the end, once we were onboard, after some back-and-forth, we were actually able to work it out with the concierge but it was a big headache. I would definitely prefer to know that I have my whole family eating together without the headache. Has anyone had success with this?

Book a reservation for -4- and turn around and book a reservation for -2-.

The reservation for -2- if it can't be booked by the party reserving -4- have one

of the other cabins book it - payment terms can be worked out later.

A booking in advance or thru the Pre-Concierge works best.

Alternate:

Since not all tables or seating is available for advanced booking first thing upon

checking in and registering have the on board Concierge take care of this.

You did not tell us what ship you are on but it is one with a Haven.

With the ship name can search for photos of the table arrangement to know

what to expect.

1 hour ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Book a reservation for -4- and turn around and book a reservation for -2-.

The reservation for -2- if it can't be booked by the party reserving -4- have one

of the other cabins book it - payment terms can be worked out later.

A booking in advance or thru the Pre-Concierge works best.

Alternate:

Since not all tables or seating is available for advanced booking first thing upon

checking in and registering have the on board Concierge take care of this.

You did not tell us what ship you are on but it is one with a Haven.

With the ship name can search for photos of the table arrangement to know

what to expect.

Unfortunately, we are only in one cabin (2 bedroom on Getaway). Tried booking four under my name and two under my husband’s name but it put a two-hour window around the first reservation and obviously we don’t want two people to eat two hours later than the others!

11 minutes ago, dinkydee718 said:

Unfortunately, we are only in one cabin (2 bedroom on Getaway). Tried booking four under my name and two under my husband’s name but it put a two-hour window around the first reservation and obviously we don’t want two people to eat two hours later than the others!

I would book the 4 and then the 2 for two hours later.

Then call the Pre-Concierge line and let them adjust - that failing wait till on board and have the Concierge adjust.

Hopefully you are not planning on dining at the Teppanyaki the first night of the cruise.

Give some space for the Concierge or dining reservation to work this out.

1 hour ago, ejnsb said:

Book a table for 8.  When you check in, no problem to tell them you're only 6.

You would want the booking seating arrangement in place well in advance of  the dining.

Showing up and cancelling 2 seats that may not be filled is not fair to NCL !

The normal seating pattern is for 8 at a table

The early dining times are prime for dinner and show

LINK to Teppanyaki NCL GETAWAY - service for 96 guests 12 tables of 8:

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/member/shiptour.php?r=3469

Teppanyaki

Has a cover charge of $25 per person (reservations recommended). It offers a hibachi-style dinner and show and has a tranquil ambiance delivered from its traditional Japanese rock garden featuring bamboo plants and bonsai trees. Seating 96 guests around 12 flat top grills the chef’s showcase their knife skills whilst cooking exhibition style Japanese cuisine.

I booked for six when reservations first opened up.  We are on 9/15/19 Escape. But I recently tried to change nights and could only get 2 or 4, except one night had 8.  Now I actually need to change to 2 and send the other 4 to Bayamo, but now can’t get that. Hoping we can make changes on board.

2 hours ago, Lbicklel said:

I booked for six when reservations first opened up.  We are on 9/15/19 Escape. But I recently tried to change nights and could only get 2 or 4, except one night had 8.  Now I actually need to change to 2 and send the other 4 to Bayamo, but now can’t get that. Hoping we can make changes on board.

If in a suite use the services of the Pre-Concierge or on board Concierge.

For advance bookings only a half or so of the availability is bookable online.

IMMEDIATELY upon boarding go directly to the Dining Reservation desk where ever it is located and get things

squared away - have dates times coordinated with show times and other activities you have planned.

If something is not available have an alternate plan "B".

Something still not working available - check back later for any cancellations changes wait listing.

Dining requests for later in the cruise consider visiting that restaurant and talk with the host/ess a day or two

before the time wanted - be there to seize the moment for any availability. 

I kinda in the same boat...I’m sailing solo and when I try to make reservations for 1, I’m only given the time of 5:30. If I enter 2 for the same restaurant on the same night, multiple times are available. Should I make a reservation for 2 and cancel one when I board or just email the pre-cruise concierge??

1 minute ago, NayRN said:

I kinda in the same boat...I’m sailing solo and when I try to make reservations for 1, I’m only given the time of 5:30. If I enter 2 for the same restaurant on the same night, multiple times are available. Should I make a reservation for 2 and cancel one when I board or just email the pre-cruise concierge??

I do this all the time.  Make the reservation for 2 and as soon as you get onboard, let them know that it will only be for 1.  

• Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 7:36 PM, dinkydee718 said:

I’ll try that but I am pretty sure that’s who I called last year. May be stuck trying to work it out in board again. Oh well. 

Dinkydee718, did you get this worked out? 

I've got 14 in my extended family on our cruise so this is a big issue as we would like to eat together every night. Teppanyaki was the trickiest, but we got reservations of 4+4+2 for 6 pm, and another 4 for 5:45 pm. My sister's travel agent is working with pre-concierge (she is Haven like you) to try to get us all in at the same time. If that doesn't work, we will all show up and explain the circumstances and try to be grouped together or close together (or maybe swap with another family who shows up early for their 6 pm reservation). Worse comes to worse, it's not terrible if one family starts 15 minutes before the others.

I think the best you can do is make provisional bookings and then try to straighten it out with concierge or once you're on board. But you should book as much as you can for now, because at least it gives the concierge space to work with and you can always cancel later. 

Did anyone try calling the regular reservation number. They will normally book any size party that you want as long as there are still seats at the table.

As an aside I sure wouldn't worry about booking Teppanyaki, there are much better places to dine on board, and it is over priced. You can go to the same style restaurant at home for much less than on board.