Weather in Cairns/Brisbane in end Nov, early Dec?

vipro

We are tempted to jump into Majestic Princess cruising from Sydney on 27/11 to Brisbane, Cairns (Airlie Beach, Yorkey Knobs, Port Dogulas and Willie Island).. We want to know if it is worthwhile to go there at that time of the year if it rains a lot as I believe most of the "excursions" will be outdoor based. In fact i think most of them are water related activities like snorkeling or scuba diving...

Or if it rains, does it only rain for an hour or two or will it rain for the whole day?

The other option is to go to Melbourne and Tasmania later in the month (around mid-Dec) but the period is shorter with half of the trip on sea days.

Any suggestions welcome? Cruised before in the Mediterranean but never cruised before down under.

November/December is the beginning of the monsoon season in Far North Queensland.  You can expect hot and humid weather.  You can expect late afternoon showers, but it should not be rainy all day.  It is also stinger (deadly jellyfish) season and you cannot swim off the beaches except within the confines of a stinger net and wearing a stinger suit.  Snorkeling at the Reef will be fine but your boat company will provide you with a stinger suit as a precaution. 

Thanks. Will like to snorkel GBR so want to try it this way. Never taken a cruise in Australia before. The other option to melbourne/Tasmina is even shorter (total duration) or go to NZ which is way too long for my vacation. Still considering. After all, majestic princess is one of the newer ships comparatively.

• 2 weeks later...

We live in this region, the wet season has become unpredictable so I would book the cruise and enjoy. It will be hot and humid but it is the tropics, plan to do things in the morning and return to the comfort of the ship in the afternoon.