Take your swim suit!

bonship

We sailed on Ruby Princess last week R/T from Seattle and the grand kids swam every day except Ketchikan.  The weather was sunny and mid-60's but felt much warmer.  I didn't pack my swimsuit but wished I had.  Many people were swimming on a daily basis late afternoon.  The only day we wore a hat and gloves was in Glacier Bay.and it wasn't really even cold.  Check the forecast before you go and I hope you get nice weather like we had. 

• Like 1

I always take my swimsuit!  We often swim, and even if the weather is not warm, the hot tub feels great after a long day of hiking or whatever.  While you are at it, also take sunscreen and aloe. I have gotten sunburned a few times when I neglected my sunscreen.  You can buy sunscreen on board, but it will be crappy and expensive. I was NOT able to find aloe on board the time I needed it, and had to just suffer for 2 days before we were in port again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, geoherb said:

I took my swimsuit on back-to-back cruises on the Island Princess in June/July. I only went swimming once, the afternoon after biking in Skagway. The water in the pool was too cool.

The adult-only pool near the spa has been quite warm (and quiet!) on many of our cruises.  

We always take our swimsuits.  We use the Jacuzzi on cold weather trips.  We have a fun picture on our Norway trip that went above the Arctic Circle with us in the jacuzzi with our pina coladas and a friend standing behind us in his parka and ski hat.

We always bring our as well. You just never know what the weather will be like for sure. Now, on our July cruise 3 years ago, the pools were barely used. We only had one day that was really quite warm, but everyone was out in port for the most part. But the my parents went like 10 years ago, one of (if not THE) first cruises of the season and they were in the suits a few times, on the top deck, just lounging around on their Princess ship. They had some really warm days. It's all so crazy for sure!