Southampton Cruise Parking

ocav

Hi,

Regular cruiser with RCI and sailing out of Southampton for the first time this October on the Explorer. 

I am struggling to find parking at a reasonable price for the fairly short 6 nights, does anyone have best advice for finding parking? and/or a discount code for ABP 

Thanks in advance

Hi - we've sailed from Southampton several times and have always used Penguin Parking. They're based a short distance (i.e. 10 minutes) outside Southampton - you drive to their location, one of their operatives parks your car in their secure compound, and they take you in a smart minibus to the dockside. Then when you arrive back, they know which ship you're coming in on, so once you call them they collect you in the next minibus and take you back to your car. All very straightforward and worry-free. They have several minibuses going back and forward between the compound and the dockside all day when a ship is in port, we've never had to wait more than 10 minutes to be picked up. The journey time from the ship to the compound is around 10 minutes. 

Prices are reasonable - e.g. the France & Spain cruise leaving on 5th October is £65 for the 6 nights.

Here's a link to their website:

https://www.penguincruiseparking.net

Sadly the cost of cruise parking has gone the way of airport parking.

There are several out-of-port operators like Penguin - another is https://www.holidayextras.co.uk/southampton-port-parking.html

And there are local residents who make use of parking at their home a way of earning pin-money via websites like  https://www.parkonmydrive.com/  (google for others).

It works very well, but do check your car insurance & their home insurance - the resident should be insured for paid parking, ordinary household insurance (for instance roof tiles, falling trees or branches etc damaging the car) normally covers the parked cars of their visitors but not paid parking.

Be very very wary of meet-and-greet parking services - just like elsewhere in the country there have been examples of rogues who park cars in fields, residential streets, etc. There's one operator who is very well-reviewed on the web and on Cruise Critic but sorry I don't recall the name. But if you're considering this route do check very very carefully for long-established operators - you're unlikely to see bad reviews of those currently trading - cos when their name gets bad enough the rogues simply change their name.

Since all parking is charged by the day, the inconvenience of off-port parking is more than balanced by the savings for a long cruise (IMHO, a cruise of 14 days or more).

But for a 6-day cruise IMHO it's better to just divi-up for port parking

JB :classic_smile:

1 hour ago, ocav said:

Thanks all for your responses,

ive booked with ABParking as I managed to get a 10% off code, and honestly, it’s not worth the hassle anymore.

Hi.  Can you please point me in the direction of the code (the one above does not work).  Thx!

CRUISE PARK  in Southampton is truly excellent they are a small husband and wife team we and the family have used for several years ...huge warehouse  a little way from the port and included free taxi to and from port in the price 

Its not possible to fault them in any way your car is treated like Royalty 

does anyone here know which exact Southampton port is used for NCL Escape?

I am hoping its the City Cruise Terminal but our docs just say Southampton

I want to rent a car  and drop it off but need the port info to know where to drop the rental car

.. 4 ports in a 2 mile strip is confusing....

4 hours ago, jannandjohn said:

does anyone here know which exact Southampton port is used for NCL Escape?

I am hoping its the City Cruise Terminal but our docs just say Southampton

I want to rent a car  and drop it off but need the port info to know where to drop the rental car

.. 4 ports in a 2 mile strip is confusing....

what date is your cruise?

On 8/29/2019 at 10:34 AM, MicCanberra said:

Possibly the City Cruise Terminal.

Make that "very probably" :classic_smile:

But bookmark the port website linked by Mic - probably your date will appear on there very early in the new year

JB :classic_smile:

• Like 1