Five-Day Cabo Cruise on the Royal Princess

partybarbie

My sister and I just booked a "get-away" cruise on the Royal.  I've never done a five-day cruise, so I have a couple of questions.

1) Is there an event for for MTP (like on the seven-day cruises) or does Princess give out the specialty restaurant vouchers (like on the the four-day cruises)?

2) Is the MTP for the top 20, plus guests, or the top 10?

3) Does Princess offer a Wine Marker's dinner on the five-day cruise?

4) Our cruise has one formal night.  Is there a chance Princess will serve lobster in the main dining room?

5) Does Princess hold a past passenger cocktail party, or do they give out a drink voucher instead of holding the party?

Thanks to everyone in advance for your answers.  I've done many three and four day cruises, but never a five day.  I'm basically wondering if the dynamics will be more like the 7-day cruises (just shorter) or more like the three/four day cruises. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have asked the captain circle host/hostess if there was a standard policy regarding how long a cruise should be to determine if there will be a MTP cocktail event/lunch or voucher for specialty restaurant. In most cases, cruises of 5 days or more the MTP event will consist of the top 20 couples or 40 people, depending on if solos invite a guest. It can vary depending on the ship, captain and itinerary. 

For example, I was on the Ruby in February 2019 for a b2b2b of a 7,5 and 4 day cruise. The 5 day was the Cabo like your Royal sailing. On the 5 day, there was a MTP lunch for the top 20 with guests meaning a possible total of 40. I was on the Ruby again for the 5 day LA to Vancouver , May 2019. The circle host informed me there would be NO captain circle party so Platinum and above would receive a drink voucher and NO MTP event, but the top 10 would receive voucher for specialty restaurant like on cruises of 4 days or less.

So for a your 5 day, it will be what the captain and circle host have decided. If there will NOT be a MTP event, then only the top 10 will receive voucher. If no captain circle cocktail party then Platinum and above will receive one drink voucher.

Lobster is not served in the MDR as a complimentary item like on most 2nd formal nights of cruises 7 or more days. It may be available as upchrage as Crown Grill items offered in the MDR.

i do not remember if wine maker's dinner was offered.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, wallyj said:

I have asked the captain circle host/hostess if there was a standard policy regarding how long a cruise should be to determine if there will be a MTP cocktail event/lunch or voucher for specialty restaurant. In most cases, cruises of 5 days or more the MTP event will consist of the top 20 couples or 40 people, depending on if solos invite a guest. It can vary depending on the ship, captain and itinerary. 

For example, I was on the Ruby in February 2019 for a b2b2b of a 7,5 and 4 day cruise. The 5 day was the Cabo like your Royal sailing. On the 5 day, there was a MTP lunch for the top 20 with guests meaning a possible total of 40. I was on the Ruby again for the 5 day LA to Vancouver , May 2019. The circle host informed me there would be NO captain circle party so Platinum and above would receive a drink voucher and NO MTP event, but the top 10 would receive voucher for specialty restaurant like on cruises of 4 days or less.

So for a your 5 day, it will be what the captain and circle host have decided. If there will NOT be a MTP event, then only the top 10 will receive voucher. If no captain circle cocktail party then Platinum and above will receive one drink voucher.

Lobster is not served in the MDR as a complimentary item like on most 2nd formal nights of cruises 7 or more days. It may be available as upchrage as Crown Grill items offered in the MDR.

i do not remember if wine maker's dinner was offered.

Thank you so much for your response.  I will just have to wait six weeks and be surprised.  My sister is coming with me, so I would love to be able to take her to a MTP luncheon.  The restaurant voucher is nice too, but not sure if I can make the top ten. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

On a 5 day cruise it includes the top 20 couples- 40 people.

The 4 day trips is where it switches to the top 10- 20 people.

Thanks! We usually do long cruises so a 5 day cruise has never been in our sights. However,  we always go away for hubby’s birthday. We couldn't resist the half price for 2nd passenger sale. We got a great deal and also had a sizable credit we had to use. Definitely win/win. Did I mention we live 30 minutes from the port? Heaven. 

Cheers, Denise 

9 hours ago, dchip said:

Thanks! We usually do long cruises so a 5 day cruise has never been in our sights. However,  we always go away for hubby’s birthday. We couldn't resist the half price for 2nd passenger sale. We got a great deal and also had a sizable credit we had to use. Definitely win/win. Did I mention we live 30 minutes from the port? Heaven. 

Cheers, Denise 

If I lived 30 minutes away I'd be on still more cruises. Probably one or so a month.

But then again that would be devastating to my wardrobe.

Instead of a 6 or 8 I'd be a 10 or 12. 😲

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

If I lived 30 minutes away I'd be on still more cruises. Probably one or so a month.

But then again that would be devastating to my wardrobe.

Instead of a 6 or 8 I'd be a 10 or 12. 😲

If the port was Florida we probably would be cruising every month. LOL. We are near San Francisco. We have fewer choices but certainly take advantage of those we have.

I have finally figured out the weight thing and might gain a pound or two but its gone the next week. 

Cheers, Denise

4 hours ago, dchip said:

If the port was Florida we probably would be cruising every month. LOL. We are near San Francisco. We have fewer choices but certainly take advantage of those we have.

I have finally figured out the weight thing and might gain a pound or two but its gone the next week. 

Cheers, Denise

Right now a cool weather cruise to Alaska sound real nice.:classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1