BirdTravels to Alaska on the Norwegian Joy

BirdTravels

On 12/31/2019 at 9:06 PM, JVilleGal said:

Boarding in LA was a ***** Show and we were Concierge.  

We were very disappointed that there was no support for Concierge suite guests at checkin.  (E.g., compared to non-Haven suite guests on Jewel class ships). 

29 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

We were very disappointed that there was no support for Concierge suite guests at checkin.  (E.g., compared to non-Haven suite guests on Jewel class ships). 

There was pretty much no support of Concierge guests at all. An after thought at best. Yes we did eat BK in the little restaurant and sitting outside on their patio for BK on the couple nice mornings was lovely. That was the end of any real perks. Our Villa Balcony cabin was as nice as or nicer than most of my cabins on Regent BUT  400 to 700 passengers total far overshadows the well over 5000+ passengers on our Christmas sailing.

Yes, I knew what I was getting into but we had a large family group and wanted everyone to have something (.kids too) to enjoy on this trip. 
The Joy was a lovely, crew great and if you like giant ships then she’s for you!

Note: as a Norwegian stockholder we did get $100 OBC applied to our account at check in. I requested that about 5 weeks before sailing. Our TA gave us a total of $850 of OBC for booking 3 cabins (2 basic Balcony, 1 Conceirge  Villa Balcony). Gotta love Travel Agents!

We all had Travel Ins. Thru Steve at The Trip Insurance Store plus hubby & I also have a MedJett Annual policy.

I have provided this note so that newer cruisers know these things are available.

56 minutes ago, disneylover89 said:

@BirdTravels do you remember when the Endicott Arm & Glacier Explorer became available to book on-line?  There are many Juneau excursions showing for a while now but not this one. Thanks

What week are you traveling?  I booked it for the April 25th on the Joy (which is also confusing since the description says its not offered in May so I'm worried its a mistake and they'll cancel it)

2 hours ago, e3c1f4 said:

What week are you traveling?  I booked it for the April 25th on the Joy (which is also confusing since the description says its not offered in May so I'm worried its a mistake and they'll cancel it)

We are July 25th.  How long before your cruise before the excursion was offered?

1 hour ago, beanie315 said:

On our May cruise it is the Tracy Arm Fjord & Glacier explorer

Our cruise goes to Endicott Arm, not Tracy Arm.  We have been to Tracy Arm with DCL and it was beautiful.

Edited by disneylover89

On 8/9/2019 at 6:38 PM, BirdTravels said:

Nope. And, from our observation, Ocean Blue was accepting men I shorts if they sat outside on the waterfront. 

Thank you so much for all of your information and pictures. You spent an incredible amount of time on this and I want you to know that it is so appreciated! I am going on the Joy and May 2. You made my day! 

On 12/7/2019 at 7:59 PM, BirdTravels said:

If you look at post #297 (a couple above) you will see times like at 9:30 am where they are running the double carts on the track. And where they open the track for solos at 11:30. 

Does that mean a child can go on with adult? That would be awesome!

• 4 months later...