Drink Packages onboard

Hello

We are going on the Anthem of the Seas in March.

I heard once you check in you are able to buy drink packages for only 1 of the adults in your cabin.

When you purchase online you must buy it for every adult in the room.

Just wondering if that is true.

Thank you

2 minutes ago, Funnykitty31 said:

I heard once you check in you are able to buy drink packages for only 1 of the adults in your cabin.

Welcome to CC.

That can vary sailing to sailing, but some have reported that to be true.

On the ship's where I have purchased the DX on board they had a sheet of paper listing all cabin occupants and their age.

On Navigator I had a 20 year old in my cabin.  They first said I had to buy it for both then when I pointed out her age they double checked the sheet and validated she was under 21.  Only then was I able to buy just one DX.

YMMV.

4 minutes ago, Funnykitty31 said:

Hello

Thank you

Welcome to the posting world of Cruise Critic.

I would not depend on being able to purchase only one package on board. 

On Oasis when I went to buy the DX they immediately said "everyone must be by it".  I said "I'm solo".  They checked the sheet of paper and saw that I was solo so they allowed me to buy just one DX.

When the rules first changed there were some reports that people could buy just one DX.  Once the new rules were in place for a while it seemed that fewer people reported being able to buy just one DX.

YMMV.

3 minutes ago, Funnykitty31 said:

So I guess there no way around it if one of the adults doesnt drink?

They will normally allow you to buy the Refreshment package for the non-alcohol drinking guests.  If you are lucky, they may let you get away with the soda package.

20 hours ago, Funnykitty31 said:

Hello

Thank you

My husband and I did that last year on our cruise. I already had the refreshment package pre-purchased and he bought the deluxe package once we got on board. This year I once again pre-purchased my refreshment package and I just called RCI and bought his deluxe package yesterday for $379 for a 7 day on Harmony. I'm not sure if everyone in the room has to have some kind of package but this is our 2nd year with only husband getting deluxe and we haven't had any issues. 

8 minutes ago, swirlygirly21 said:

My husband and I did that last year on our cruise. I already had the refreshment package pre-purchased and he bought the deluxe package once we got on board. This year I once again pre-purchased my refreshment package and I just called RCI and bought his deluxe package yesterday for $379 for a 7 day on Harmony. I'm not sure if everyone in the room has to have some kind of package but this is our 2nd year with only husband getting deluxe and we haven't had any issues. 

You won't have any issues with one getting the DX, as long as the other buys at least the refreshment package....

• 2 weeks later...

When we sailed Indy last year we were able to buy a refreshment package/WiFi combo that was a pretty good deal.

we don’t drink alcohol but we liked the coffees and sparkling waters. Sailing Navigator in a few months though and I don’t see that combo. They show WiFi combos with the deluxe package and with the soda package but not the refreshment package. 

So so what’s up? Think they’ll add it closer to sailing?

20 minutes ago, furloughedagain said:

When we sailed Indy last year we were able to buy a refreshment package/WiFi combo that was a pretty good deal.

we don’t drink alcohol but we liked the coffees and sparkling waters. Sailing Navigator in a few months though and I don’t see that combo. They show WiFi combos with the deluxe package and with the soda package but not the refreshment package. 

So so what’s up? Think they’ll add it closer to sailing?

Anything is possible, but I cannot recall seeing that particular combo.