Spin classes on Ovation?

claudiaYVR

I have never seen spin classes offered. For classes that are offered, there are clipboards between the spa and the gym entrance (at least they are on the Ovation and Encore). If I remember correctly, on the O class ships, the clipboards are at the spa counter. 

What classes are are offered and time seems to depend on the personnel who runs them (or the gym manager, not sure) but on our O class cruises we could do the classes before a tour and loved them. On the Ovation and Encore, the classes were later and so we rarely did them. The PM classes we did not do as we prefer to exercise in the AM and go to the TK bar in the PM. 

Don't remember seeing any spin equipment on Encore, and I assume Ovation is similarly equipped. Just a couple of normal workout bikes in the gym itself. So spin classes, pretty definite that's a no. 

Agree with ab21au that the classes on Encore were all over the place, some early, some mid-breakfast, some afternoon and a mix of free and not. My wife, who usually does quite a lot of classes, did few that cruise. 

Excuse my ignorance ( I had to Google “spin classes” https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indoor_cycling as I am not a gym person)  but in the gym on Encore and Ovation there are 5 stationary bikes. 

I’m sure if Spin Classes  are not offered you could ask Guest Relations and if they can’t arrange some, they could put a notice in the Herald and ask if anyone else is interested.

Edited by SKP946

If you’re content to work out on your own the bikes seem fairly technical, you can program in hills etc or just follow some of the preset routes

C2FA356F-EC0F-4C70-A1E4-E3996B097402.jpeg

1A6AE50A-55C5-4AA7-B45F-A3D0F0DF69B2.jpeg

754D38F8-F6F0-4F2D-982F-CB1C561AC174.jpeg

3DCBB76A-8191-4C7F-86A0-83A74D3AE5C4.jpeg

7CB58D2B-2A42-43A4-81A7-6086DAB3A085.png

F2694503-2CDF-4B27-B019-708EA3B78FF2.png

777058BE-D180-4077-99D5-13EDFBDDD992.png

Edited by SKP946

Yes, that is what we did on the Encore and Ovation, the Programs on the bikes in the gym are very good (and can be set to easy or hard depending on what you want to do). 

On the Odyssey and the Quest, the gym instructors (we had more confidence with them as they seemed more knowledgeable) did circuits with us, one activity was on a spin bike. We paid for 3 sessions which were separate to the free abs classes followed by Pilates which were both free 30 min sessions. The abs class was at 6:30 am which allowed time to dine and still do excursions. On the Encore and Ovation, the classes started later and were not as frequent. Each group was about 8 persons, first in first served.  If full, which in my experience only happens on the first few days of a cruise, there are a couple of wait list positions. 

I have been to classes which have been full and others where I was the only one. 

Edited by ab21au
Spelling